kill bill 1 r2 japan - how to acess english menu??

samjet

Ex Member
Reaction score
as it says - tried to play it but all menu's came up in japanese :confused:

how do i get it into english since i want to remove sub titles and select dts option??

thanks

you need the subs on with this jap reg2 dvd its essential, they dont come on at given times like the reg1 and the english reg2.other wise you will not get the translation when the japanese is spoken.also with the menus its trial and error until you find the right selection. :smashin:

samjet said:

how do i get it into english since i want to remove sub titles and select dts option??

thanks
also when you get first menu up just select the top one for play, and use your dvd player remote to put english subs on and the dts soundtrack.

samjet said:

thanks
Unlike alot of Region 3 DVDs which have English menus, most Japanese Region 2 DVDs do not have any English menus so you will have to use trial and error when navigating them and you need the English subs on all the time otherwise you wont be able to understand what is said in certain parts of the film.

samjet,

I think I can help you out here (great version choice of the film BTW :clap: ). Not least that I set out to watch the same version of the film last night, paused, and went and searched the net for an answer. Just as an aside I thought that i'd have found lots of information: translations, screen shots, the whole nine yards. To cut a long story short, I didn't. What I did find is the link below. Click on the box cover and that will take you to a 'map' menu, fleshed out to translate the special features element only. I suppose the writer thought the other sections are self explanatory, or easy to figure out, which in reality they are. Here's the link:

http://notendur.mi.is/steinnin/translation.htm

Now, as a i've gone through the set-up, i'll outline what each one is: Click menu on your DVD remote to access the disc menu. There you have the four choices shown in this link taken from the above site:

http://www.kvikmyndaskoli.is/steingrimur/KillBillmenu/ (nb: the site also has full maps for the Japanese versions of Kill Bill 2 and Terminator Ultimate Edition).

Select the fourth option (setup). Once in that menu you have two seperate menu areas, each with three options. The top three are sound settings:

1. English Dolby Digital 5.1
2. English DTS 5.1
3. Japanese (dubbed) Dolby Digital 5.1

The bottom three are subtitles:

1. Japanese
2. English
3. Off

Note that when English is set, that you get continuous subtitling, so that even the english dialect is subtitled. When I first started watching I set the subtitles to off, then quickly flicked them on for foreign dialect. However, as I noticed that they were clear and unobtrusive, eventually I left them on all the time.

OK, editted to add:

I've taken the menu maps from the above link (for Kill Bill 1 and 2), and put them into text boxes in a Word document. At the same time adding the additional set-up menu for Kill Bill 1. You can download the page from the link below - open up the document and print it out on a single A4 page. Cut round the outside of the text boxes, leaving 4mm or 5mm, and the results will fit nicely under the clips inside your DVD cases :thumbsup:

http://www.apsalisbury.dsl.pipex.com/killbillmenu.doc

:smashin: very usefull Killahertz thanks for that

pioneerman said:
:smashin: very usefull Killahertz thanks for that

No problem :hiya:

Checked out the 'map' for KB2 last night, and it's fine.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom