Kiev 4 Shots - Tamron 90mm Macro

shotokan101

Ex Member
Reaction score
As some may know from a previous recent post I recently became the proud owner - courtesy of my Son's recent Holiday in Bulgaria - of a Kiev 4 Film Camera.

Thought I'd have a play around and took some shots (loads) with my Tamrom 90mm Macro Lens.

See below for the results (Loads of Shots) - a couple are a bit off regarding focus but not too bad overall I think....

1)

DSC02648-resized.jpg

2)

DSC02651-resized.jpg

3)

DSC02662-2-resized.jpg

4)

DSC02663-resized.jpg

5)

DSC02668-resized.jpg

6)

DSC02669-resized.jpg

7)

DSC02670-resized.jpg

8)

DSC02674-resized.jpg

9)

DSC02660-resized.jpg

10)

DSC02659-resized.jpg

11)

DSC02658-resized.jpg

12)

DSC02655-resized.jpg

13)

DSC02654-resized.jpg

14)

DSC02632-700.jpg

15)

DSC02630-resized.jpg

16)

DSC02629-resized.jpg

17)

DSC02627-resized.jpg

18)

DSC02616-resized.jpg

19)

DSC02614-resized.jpg

Jim

Last edited:
Cool man! :smashin:

Some nice shots, be careful of framing/cropping too close maybe??

Cheers - much appreciated :D

I was deliberately geting "up close and personal" with the "interesting bits" on this camera (can appreciate that some may not find some of the viewpoints "optimal") - just so much more interesting than our current "plastic blobs" IMO :devil:

I think this may actually make me start "collecting" old cameras now :suicide:

Regarding the framing/croping - can you point out a couple of shots that are particularly "off" ?

Jim

Some nice shots there Jim.
Some look a bit noisey, is this something you added later?

On a side note you get the award for the most frequent use of "quotation" "marks" :D

No 8 is that a built in ashtray :rotfl: :devil:

Now stop taking pics of it and get some bloody film in it :lesson:

sure! Bear in mind I know f-all about photography really...
8- include all the insignia
13- I'd like to see more of the dial at the top

ah what am I talking about- ignore me Jim...

8) - was concentraing (a bit too much perhaps) on the light meter cell - was a b%stard to focus on even manually hence a bit OOF as well...

No, 13 - hell gave you that bit in 14 :D - but seriously the focus point of interest in that shot was supposted to be the teeny weeny viewfinder port :)

JIm

No 8 is that a built in ashtray :rotfl: :devil:

LOL - not quite :D - it's the selenium cell for the exposure metering :cool:

Jim

Some nice shots there Jim.
Some look a bit noisey, is this something you added later?

On a side note you get the award for the most frequent use of "quotation" "marks" :D

Cheers - "appreciated" :D

...."actualy" "noise" was "removed/attenuated" in LR3 but "grain" was added to all shots in PP as I "thought" it "fitted" the "antigue" being photographed ;)

JIm

and I thought you had somehow managed to get the Kiev hooked up to your Tamron and taken some photos with it!!!!! :rotfl:

Excellent shots Jim.. :thumbsup:

Raj

Cheers Raj/Rob - No LCD ? - no Bloomin' Auto either :eek: :D

Definitely a well made little beastie - definitely think I'll give it a go with some film once I've got to grips with it :)

JIm

Hi Jim
If you are looking to start a collection I know a charity who have a Vivitar 35ES for sale very cheap :) .
Keep the pics comming.
Michael

Thanks Michael - I would like to pick up the odd "retro/vintage" camera now and again - thanks for the suggestion - I may well have a brows at a couple of local camera shops first to see what they have knocking about.

main problem is likely to be convincing my better half to give them house room :suicide: so that why it's so good that this first one was a "prezzie" from my Son :devil:

Jim

Thanks Gordon - appreciate the comment :)

It certainly is in remarkable nick - as expected the leather facing is a bit dodgy on a couple of edges and there's a small amount of corrosion on the upper edge of the exposure meter flap but I think that actually adds to the appearance and attraction of it for me.

Jim

Cheers mate - glad you liked them :smashin:

Jim

Very nice photos Jim and some good advice above, of course you could start collecting these or customise your Kiev 4 .:) multicolours accepted.

cd964c79.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Here's a pic of my FED 2 from soome time back.

PS I was using my Kiev 4 AN (meterless model) last week, I'll need to do some scanning and post examples .:laugh:

735209c7.jpg

If you are looking to start a collection I know a charity who have a Vivitar 35ES for sale very cheap :)

Mike, if the ES is in good operational condition please send me a PM.:smashin:

Thanks for the comment - much appreciated :)

I can't see me customising mine like that - it's survived "unscathed" this long I think that would be somewhat blaspehemous :D

Have you taken any shots with yours ?

Jim

Thanks Pete/Electrolyte - much appreciated :cool:

RE: Grain - I know what you mean Pete but oce I'd started..... :facepalm: TBH I never thought I'd actually find a use for that effect in LR but I quite like it on some of these and think it might works on some mono stuff as well.... must admit I wasn't sure how "daft" I was being - removing noise and adding grain.... :suicide:

Jim

Have you taken any shots with yours ?

But of course, I'm almost finished a roll of Kodak 400CN that I loaded earlier this month - I also use other film cameras.

As I mentioned earlier when I get back into scanning I shall post some piccies from the Kiev 4AN meterless camera (I've never used a Kiev 4).

Suits Me, that is one hideous customisation. Looks much better in black and silver!

Not worry 'cos I still have a few Kiev's 4's in original/minty condition and of course a Kiev 5 . . .

Kiev_5__Rekord_0.jpg

Look forward to seeing those shots :smashin:

Wow - nice shots and that's some lens :eek:

Jim

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom