Kids TV programmes that nobody seems to remember but you.

• Thread starter Deleted member 686356
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 686356

I asked this question elsewhere a number of years back and got a lot of different replies. I thought it would be interesting to repeat it here to see what forgotten kid's telly only you seem to remember.

As a kid I loved a series called Tugs. It was like Thomas the Tank Engine but with tug boats. While a short-lived series it is very much one that stands out in my mind.

Racking your brains a little, do you remember anything that apparently nobody else can?

Pole Position - some cartoon about a family of stunt drivers/ crime fighters who had some weird pet monkey/ racoon thing. Was on in the 80s. No one I ever talk to about it ever seems to remember it though.

80’s cartoon called Centurions

I had to Google the name as all I remember was the ‘power extreme‘ they shouted or something.. and different weapons would attach to their suits.. no one else remembers it... or maybe I was rubbish at explaining it.. o_O

Pole Position - some cartoon about a family of stunt drivers/ crime fighters who had some weird pet monkey/ racoon thing. Was on in the 80s. No one I ever talk to about it ever seems to remember it though.

I remember that series.

Round The Bend, satirical spoof of Saturday Morning shows.

This I was 6 or 7 when this first aired... Timeslip anyone?

Watching Timeslip as a child engendered in me a love of science fiction that persists to this day. What was particularly good about it was it didn't talk down to it's audience. Wonderful show.

Did you know that there have been audio dramas released in the last couple of years? 2 series, made by Big Finish, using original cast members.

Did you know that there have been audio dramas released in the last couple of years? 2 series, made by Big Finish, using original cast members.
I know of the audio dramas but have not listened to them. I did however re-watch the entire Timeslip run just last year.

One I asked about ages ago and no one remembered even though I know some of the reply's were in my age group.
Spot Trevor Bannister in the clip who played Mr Lucas in Are You Being served also popped up a few times in an other children's program The Tomorrow People.

Tho other guy in a coat Ralph Nossek who one of those actor who turned up in loads of stuff Ralph Nossek - IMDb

There was a German children’s drama that they dubbed into English and showed on CBCC called something like ‘The Legend of Tim Tyler’. It had a really evil, very sinister, scary, seedy looking bloke called ‘The Baron’ who paid a young teenage boy for his laugh. I can’t remember what happened in the end but it was about the boy trying to get his laugh back. I guess his laugh = his soul.

Very strange show, quite dark and eerie but I enjoyed it. I believe I may have been the only viewer, as no one I knew watched it or even heard of it. Shown in the UK in 1990-ish I think it was.

I remember that series.

Round The Bend, satirical spoof of Saturday Morning shows.
Did it have a sort of talking crocodile puppet thing, wearing clothes? Or am I thinking of something else 🤔

Mary , Mungo and Midge.
A little girl, a dog and a mouse. Think they lived in a block of flats - but that is all i recall

Through The Dragons Eye, live action adventure show about a bunch of kids to go into another realm via a painting. Would’ve been from the mid 80’s.
What on Earth. Standard alien/human kid scenario except the alien can turn info things to avoid capture e.g a tea pot, a watch etc etc Early to mid 90’s.

Bod
20210330_062858.jpg

I have seriously vague memories of a show called Oscar in Rubbidge, which I honestly thought was just a weird dream I had until a few years ago when a FB friend mentioned it (in the context of nobody else remembering it). We found a FB group devoted to it- 90% of comments were "wow, I can't believe someone else remembers this, I thought I'd imagined it!"

In that sense it reminds me of the legendary Candle Cove creepypasta (itself made into a series of the horrow show Channel Zero), which just makes both of them all the more creepy.

Jamie And The Magic Torch.

Ive mentioned it to some people I know, and not one person knows the programme at all.

I remember that and I remember the theme tune instantly. I can hear it in my head now.

Used to love it as a kid

Yeah, I remember Jamie & The Magic Torch - loved it as a kid and now singing the theme tune in my head too 😁

Mary , Mungo and Midge.
A little girl, a dog and a mouse. Think they lived in a block of flats - but that is all i recall

Another I remember. Narrated by the late newscaster Richard Baker.

Similar animation was used on the later Crystal Tipps & Alistair.

Loved Bod and Alberto Frog with his milkshakes!

Anyone remember Issi Noho?

Remember this? Used to be on schools and colleges in the morning.
A time when normal tv only started in the afternoon 🙂

King Of The Castle.
It was on ITV and I recall it being very creepy.

Use to think some of these puppets looked quit sinister when I was a kid mid you they sort of still do.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom