Kids Bedroom portable

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Toasty, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Toasty

Toasty
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,533
    Old PYE 14 inch TV has finally given up the ghost after many years good service. I'm looking for a replacement for the kids and possibly looking at a DVD combi and/or upto 17 inch but the budget is tight.

Have seen this on Amazon. I'm a bit wary about combis so does anyone have any advice or recomendations?

Cheers..

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,570
    Unless you're stuck for space I'd go for separates...in a lot of combis if a fault developes in the DVD section it can knockout the TV. Just say the DVD section went faulty under warranty and you were told to return it for repair that means you're without a TV whereas if it was separates you at least have the use of the TV.
    You should be able to buy a 14" portable with a cheap DVD player from the likes of Argos or even a local supermarket for not much more.
    Just make sure the TV has a scart socket.

3. Toasty

Toasty
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,533
    Thanks, this is my main concern with any combi device really. The combi was tempting as I was thinking of wall mounting it this time round. A quick surf of the net later and I've seen that people have problems with the DVD player and as you say, you're without a TV while this is being sorted.

May go for a bigger set with a cheap player as suggested.