1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kick in the teeth?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Vinwolf, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Vinwolf

Vinwolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Following on from certain comments from others - I have just spent a good two hours salivating on the products available in the US on www.soundandvisionmag.com Most products are HDMI compatible ~(offering two slots), lots of additinal connectivity, true hi-def screen resolutions (1920 and 1080i) and prices to make you weep! Does anybody else feel hard done by, that the latest Pio435XDE over here - seems already relegated to the 'also-rans' in the States and has a LOWEST PRICE of 3000 bucks - probably about 1650 quid - a full grand cheaper~!!! Sheesh,,,were all muppets you know!
    :suicide:

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Taxes, mate. Don't you just love them? Import duty, VAT and a special HDMI tax too. 14% in EU, just for that.

3. Vinwolf

Vinwolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maw - are you serious-there is a 14% tax on all sets that carry HDMI compatibility? Now that really has swung my vote to the Green Party!!!!!

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    The green party will put up the price of the 350w of power you need for it :D