Kia EV6

Desmo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surprised we don't have a thread for this yet, but it's a cracking looking motor. So much so, I placed my order yesterday but have to wait until March for delivery :(

I've ordered the GT-Line S in Yatch Blue.

download.jpeg

Just done my insurance quote and it's coming in around the same price as a Model 3 for me so not bad at all.

Hopefully get to have a test drive next month.

That blue looks good

Nice! Tempted to place an order for the GT-S in matt grey. Really liked the Tesla M3 when test driven though so tempted to hold out for a Model Y......

I've got a Model 3 on order which I will now be cancelling. As much as I love Tesla, I just can't get excited by the M3 or Y... they just feel a little too bland, for want of a better word.

I've spent the last four years in a Model S so the tech is not really new, fun or exciting any more. I need a car to be excited about and the 3, whilst I'd be perfectly happy with one, just doesn't do enough for me.

I've spent the last four years in a Model S so the tech is not really new, fun or exciting any more.

I get the itch to change but personally I cannot see what the EV6 offers that 'exciting' and its hardly cheap either. All EVs essentially drive the same, so whats attracting about the EV6 over an eTron/iPace etc?

Have you not looked at the Taycan? I think that's about the only other car I could be tempted to swap the X for, though actually I would most likely just swap into a new X if they start making them again!!

I do like the look personally of both the EV6 and Ionic 5, I can see why people may think the M3 & Y look a bit 'bland'. M3 just a bit too small for my needs and unfortunately and MX out of reach financially.
The draw for myself to Tesla is for the enhanced autopilot. I know most manufacturers have some form of adaptive cruise and lane assist etc these days.... How much do these differ from the current Tesla basic autopilot do you know please?

Cheers

I get the itch to change but personally I cannot see what the EV6 offers that 'exciting' and its hardly cheap either. All EVs essentially drive the same, so whats attracting about the EV6 over an eTron/iPace etc?

Have you not looked at the Taycan? I think that's about the only other car I could be tempted to swap the X for, though actually I would most likely just swap into a new X if they start making them again!!
EV6 is about the same price as the M3 I spec'd up. And no, EV's don't all drive the same, otherwise you'd not get a big difference from an X, S or 3 which plenty of people say they drive differently (can't go from personal experience).

Etron, iPace and Taycan are all way more expensive. Even the cheapest etron is about £10k more and that's before you start adding even some basic options.

As for exciting, I just think it's styled way nicer than a Model 3. And tech wise it has a HUD, heated AND cooled seats, Apple Carplay, 360 degree parking cameras, just to name a few.

The draw for myself to Tesla is for the enhanced autopilot. I know most manufacturers have some form of adaptive cruise and lane assist etc these days.... How much do these differ from the current Tesla basic autopilot do you know please?

Cheers
At the moment I have no idea how they compare. As far as I know the EV6, at certain trim levels, has active cruise to match the speed of the car in front and a lane assist to keep you in lane. It also has lane changing as well with the flick of an indicator. The demonstrator for a test drive isn't available until next month and even then, I don't know if it has these features. If it does I'll give them a test to see how they compare to AP.

I really like it. It looks a LOT like the Ipace from the outside which is a good thing as the Ipace looks lovely. That you can get a brand new one of these for 25K less than the ipace makes it very very tempting. Im definitely going to test drive it next year when im ready to buy my EV.

I do wish it came in green though. Why do all cars nowadays only come in white, black, silver red and blue!?

Already owning a PS2, I'm not in the market for one, but I do like the look of it and would be interested how it drives. It will sell well.

Saw this on the first day of the launch in the UK. It looks stunning in the matt finish. Some great bells and whistles too. Couldn't really find any faults with it.

My Stinger lease doesn't end until Dec 23, so will probably go for the faster GT version for the next one.

We've ordered an Ioniq5 for someone at work and for lease it is quite a lot cheaper than the equivalent EV6.

I don't think so. The base spec has rear parking sensors, the GT-Line ad front sensors to that but I don't see cameras mentioned until the GT-Line S.

Having said that, some of these early spec sheets can still be a bit hit and miss on new models.

I don't think so. The base spec has rear parking sensors, the GT-Line ad front sensors to that but I don't see cameras mentioned until the GT-Line S.

Having said that, some of these early spec sheets can still be a bit hit and miss on new models.

That's a shame if that is the case. The GT line S is that bit too far out of my 40k ish budget and I am so used to parking cameras now they are a must for me.

I'll keep an eye out on some of the videos I'm watching and update if I spot anything. Whilst they don't specifically state cameras, that might just be what they mean when they list sensors.

I should be able to get a test drive next month so I'll check the spec list and see what's actually on the car.

Just checked this page on spec... The Kia EV6 Specifications | Kia UK
  • Rear parking sensors*
  • Reversing camera system with dynamic guidelines (integrated into centre fascia screen)
So the base model does come with a reversing camera.

Just checked this page on spec... The Kia EV6 Specifications | Kia UK
  • Rear parking sensors*
  • Reversing camera system with dynamic guidelines (integrated into centre fascia screen)
So the base model does come with a reversing camera.

Horay! Back in the running then for my spring 22 purchase.

Front runners: IPace, EV6
Strong contender: Model Y
Long shot: Mach e

I can't get on with the iPace. My brother has one but I just don't like it for some reason.

I had a Jaguar before my Stinger, but they have gone massively downhill since then. Terrible reliability, wouldn't have a Jag now until they get things sorted.

I had a Jaguar before my Stinger, but they have gone massively downhill since then. Terrible reliability, wouldn't have a Jag now until they get things sorted.

Right now i have an Evoque which I really like. When I sat in the IPace it felt like a bigger modern version of what I have now, which is essentially what I want. Sitting in the Tesla it all just felt a bit cheaper and more basic.

Excited to go have a sit in the EV6.

(going to test drive them all next year)

Fortunately for Jag EV’s are much simpler devices. I bought my wife an I-Pace and she loves it, she’s not had any issues, I love driving it, drives very well and is entertaining also. Also it’s not actually made by Jag, it’s made for them by Magna in Austria, same company that makes many other cars such as BMW (Z4 & 5) Merc, think they did Audi TT maybe also..

Fortunately for Jag EV’s are much simpler devices. I bought my wife an I-Pace and she loves it, she’s not had any issues, I love driving it, drives very well and is entertaining also. Also it’s not actually made by Jag, it’s made for them by Magna in Austria, same company that makes many other cars such as BMW (Z4 & 5) Merc, think they did Audi TT maybe also..
Interesting, that's probably why it isn't falling apart like the XE! :laugh:

Was looking at getting a Kia e-Niro initially as a replacement for our old Qashqai and then I saw the EV6! :eek:
Been watching loads of videos on it as well as the Ioniq 5 and liking what they are doing with these new cars. My main issue with looking at new cars is that it will be shared with the missus so we need one with memory seats and so many don't even have it as an option whereas at least the Kia have then standard on their Ultimate model. Wouldn't be able to live with having to change the seat and mirror every single day I get in the car!

Waiting time seems long though as I really want to buy a car now, especially as there is no petrol in my area at all atm :(
I'm popping to my local Kia tomorrow to have a look at the e-Niro and EV6 if they have one.

Was looking at getting a Kia e-Niro initially as a replacement for our old Qashqai and then I saw the EV6! :eek:
Been watching loads of videos on it as well as the Ioniq 5 and liking what they are doing with these new cars. My main issue with looking at new cars is that it will be shared with the missus so we need one with memory seats and so many don't even have it as an option whereas at least the Kia have then standard on their Ultimate model. Wouldn't be able to live with having to change the seat and mirror every single day I get in the car!

Waiting time seems long though as I really want to buy a car now, especially as there is no petrol in my area at all atm :(
I'm popping to my local Kia tomorrow to have a look at the e-Niro and EV6 if they have one.

Dealers are only just starting to get stock now with customer delivery available by December.

The more I look into it the more I like the EV6. I think i would go for the basic GT line model.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom