Kia EV6

Desmo

Distinguished Member
Surprised we don't have a thread for this yet, but it's a cracking looking motor. So much so, I placed my order yesterday but have to wait until March for delivery :(

I've ordered the GT-Line S in Yatch Blue.

download.jpeg

Thatsnotmynaim

Distinguished Member

Desmo

Distinguished Member
Just done my insurance quote and it's coming in around the same price as a Model 3 for me so not bad at all.

Hopefully get to have a test drive next month.

Baggy

That blue looks good

Anthony16v

Nice! Tempted to place an order for the GT-S in matt grey. Really liked the Tesla M3 when test driven though so tempted to hold out for a Model Y......

Desmo

Distinguished Member
I've got a Model 3 on order which I will now be cancelling. As much as I love Tesla, I just can't get excited by the M3 or Y... they just feel a little too bland, for want of a better word.

I've spent the last four years in a Model S so the tech is not really new, fun or exciting any more. I need a car to be excited about and the 3, whilst I'd be perfectly happy with one, just doesn't do enough for me.

gangzoom

I've spent the last four years in a Model S so the tech is not really new, fun or exciting any more.

I get the itch to change but personally I cannot see what the EV6 offers that 'exciting' and its hardly cheap either. All EVs essentially drive the same, so whats attracting about the EV6 over an eTron/iPace etc?

Have you not looked at the Taycan? I think that's about the only other car I could be tempted to swap the X for, though actually I would most likely just swap into a new X if they start making them again!!

Anthony16v

I do like the look personally of both the EV6 and Ionic 5, I can see why people may think the M3 & Y look a bit 'bland'. M3 just a bit too small for my needs and unfortunately and MX out of reach financially.
The draw for myself to Tesla is for the enhanced autopilot. I know most manufacturers have some form of adaptive cruise and lane assist etc these days.... How much do these differ from the current Tesla basic autopilot do you know please?

Cheers

Desmo

Distinguished Member
I get the itch to change but personally I cannot see what the EV6 offers that 'exciting' and its hardly cheap either. All EVs essentially drive the same, so whats attracting about the EV6 over an eTron/iPace etc?

Have you not looked at the Taycan? I think that's about the only other car I could be tempted to swap the X for, though actually I would most likely just swap into a new X if they start making them again!!
EV6 is about the same price as the M3 I spec'd up. And no, EV's don't all drive the same, otherwise you'd not get a big difference from an X, S or 3 which plenty of people say they drive differently (can't go from personal experience).

Etron, iPace and Taycan are all way more expensive. Even the cheapest etron is about £10k more and that's before you start adding even some basic options.

As for exciting, I just think it's styled way nicer than a Model 3. And tech wise it has a HUD, heated AND cooled seats, Apple Carplay, 360 degree parking cameras, just to name a few.

The draw for myself to Tesla is for the enhanced autopilot. I know most manufacturers have some form of adaptive cruise and lane assist etc these days.... How much do these differ from the current Tesla basic autopilot do you know please?

Cheers
At the moment I have no idea how they compare. As far as I know the EV6, at certain trim levels, has active cruise to match the speed of the car in front and a lane assist to keep you in lane. It also has lane changing as well with the flick of an indicator. The demonstrator for a test drive isn't available until next month and even then, I don't know if it has these features. If it does I'll give them a test to see how they compare to AP.

VastGirth

I really like it. It looks a LOT like the Ipace from the outside which is a good thing as the Ipace looks lovely. That you can get a brand new one of these for 25K less than the ipace makes it very very tempting. Im definitely going to test drive it next year when im ready to buy my EV.

I do wish it came in green though. Why do all cars nowadays only come in white, black, silver red and blue!?

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom