1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KHT's sub setup with yamaha htr 5640

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mooky, Sep 1, 2003.

Tags:
  1. mooky

mooky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I bought a Yammy htr 5640 and Kef KHT 2005.2's at the weekend. I've got it all wired up and it sounds great except I have too much bass. Some of the problem might be caused by my wooden floor but i'm not sure i've got the sub setup correctly. I've run the speaker test, which was fine for the 5 speakers but seemed pretty useless for the sub. I've also set the correct speaker sizes(small) and room size (medium) etc. So questions..

1. There's two places I can alter the volume of the sub, on the amp (which currently seems to be max) and at the back of the sub. Which should I be altering?

2. I know this is kinda relative to the room but I currently have the sub set at about 10 O'clock on the dial on its back. Is this too much ?

3. What's a good rule of thumb for setting the sub volume?

4. I have the sub at the front about 6" in from the top left hand corner. Would the corner cause more bass and would moving it away be better ?

Thanks for the help,

Mark.

2. mooky

mooky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The general consensus seems to be to set the crossover dial on the back of the Sub to MAX and then setup the LFE crossover on the sub to either 80hz or 100hz depending on what the amp will support. This seems to go against what Creative Audio said when I picked up the Speakers (to set the crossover dial to half)

People also seem to suggest that I start with the volume on the sub at 0 and then slowly increase it until I can clearly hear it. Then I back it off until it disappears. After that if I switch off the sub and can notice a difference then the sub is about right.

Do people agree with this basic setup for the KHT eggs ?

Mark.

3. mooky

mooky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody ? There must be somebody who's been through this that can give me some advice ?

4. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Blimey, 48 mins and no reply. I must stop working for a living.....:rolleyes: