1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KeyDigital Pre-Launch Special OFFER. time limited

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by Gordon @ Convergent AV, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    Key Digital UK Launch offer:

I am posting this offer in this forum as I believe it falls within the rules. It is time limited, it is a genuine saving and it is from the horses mouth as it were….

In bringing Key Digital products to the UK I hope to offer superior products at prices which are as close to personal importation from US as possible. I am trying to do this not by dealing direct but by actually finding retailers or re-sellers who understand the products and are going to be able to provide back up and service on them, including installation where appropriate. You will see that I have not turned the $sign in to £ like most US products end up.

The launch special is going to be on three products. They are

The Pioneer Native Pixel card

The HD-Leeza scaler, with a PanasonicRP62 SDI modded region free 110v dvd

The HD-Leeza scaler, wth a Panasonic RP91 SDI modded region free 110v dvd

In order to qualify for the pre-launch price orders must be placed and paid for in full with authorised dealers before 12th February. Any orders after that date cannot be honoured by me or the retailer at the pre-launch pricing.

The specs on some of the products are wrong on numerous web sites so I will put in some pertinent info here. My web-site isn’t finished yet so it’s easier if you read here and email me if you have questions.

Pioneer Card: This card no longer has an SDI input. Instead it has two DVI inputs, as well as those previously listed. For those of you who have SDI equipped DVD players wishing to make use of that facility Key Digital are working on an sdi-dvi adaptor for use with this product. The exact method it uses for this transcoding I cannot say at the present time. The DVI is HDCP enabled so it will work with forthcoming DVI equipped DVD players or poss STB’s, D-VHS etc. For further info on inputs and specs please visit www.keydigital.com

HD-Leeza scaler: This unit also now has two DVI inputs. However it has kept its SDI input as well, hence the offer of some SDI DVD players. One of the two component inputs has HD or SD de-interlacing and re-scaling capability while the other is limited to SD material only. For additional information on specs please visit www.keydigital.com

For a little background on the man responsible for developing these products and just what sort of pedigree he has you can look here.

http://www.keydigital.com/press_releases/mikefatherdvd.doc

If you are asked for password etc just click cancel and it should appear.

Now on to the offer:

The UK SRP for these products after launch will be

Pioneer Card: £1950
    HD-Leeza with RP62: £4657
    HD-Leeza with RP91: £5034
    HD-Leeza: £3735 (not available as pre-buy)

Suggested INTRO-PRICE till 12th Feb 2003

Piocard: £1650 save £300
    HD-Leeza with RP62:£3725 save £932
    HD-Leeza with RP91: £4125 save £909

The HD-Leeza is hoped to ship beginning of March with Pio card 14 days later.

The following are Dealers for these products and can take pre-orders
    Please contact them directly to place orders.

Convergent-AV: convergentav@btinternet.com
    The Media Factory: joe@tmfsolutions.co.uk
    Cinema Experience: eric@cinemaexperience.plus.com
    Ivojo: sales@ivojo.co.uk
    B4 Projection: sales@B4projection.co.uk
    PJHIFI (If phoning shop speak to Elliot please!): elliot@pjhifi.co.uk

If you are a retailer reading this and you wish to be considered for Key Digital account and for entry to this pre-buy, for re-sale or demonstration, please contact me direct at the Convergent email address and I will be in touch.

Thanks,

Gordon

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
  3. uncle eric

uncle eric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone in the London area wanting a demo of what the HD Leeza can do, are welcome to contact me for an appointment by email eric@cinemaexperience.plus.com
    I hope to have the demo unit installed very soon.

4. RAMiAM

RAMiAM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Gordon,

With the new Pioneer card from KD does this give additional inputs or does this card actually replace the card that already ship with the panel.

I've been really tempted by both the Panasonic TH-42PHD5 and the Pioneer PDP-433MXE.
    I realise that the Panasonic give a slightly better black but I've been leaning towards the Pioneers purely because of all the stories of connectivity issues with the Panny, especially when using the additional Tuner box.

So my thinking was the Pioneer with the <<additional>> inputs provided by the KD card could be my deciding point.

Also, thinking ahead would this card by future proof in terms of firmware updates and compatibility with future Pioneer panels.

Thanks for your continued contribution to this board.
    Regards,
    Ray Moore

p.s., did you ever get your Sony 1292 projector(s) up and running?

5. RAMiAM

RAMiAM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Uncle Eric,

Would this include the Pioneer KD card?
    If so where are you based in London?

Regards,
    Ray Moore

6. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    Ram,

Sorry I've been away with no net access and just seen this post. Eric will have an HD-leeza scaler on dem in his cinema. It has same video processing as the card.

The card replaces the Pioneer input module. It will be firmware upgradeable by rs232 and I believe that Pioneer intend to use the same architecture in the next generation of products so the card should be move-able to them. It will not work with previous generation Pioneer's though.

I and Joe Fernand will be first dealers with the cards on dem. I'm sure more will follow.

The 1292 is with a new owner. It's missed.....

Gordon

7. uncle eric

uncle eric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry Ray, just saw your post. Sadly, I don't have the Pioneer (I'm one of the Panny mob)
    I've no doubt however that I will be able to demo the Pioneer and the card in the near future.

For now, it's HD Leeza time.

8. nfordenfield

nfordenfield
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gordon,

Confused as Ivojo have been advertising the HD Leeza for £3,455.68 inc. VAT for months now.

Why is it now more expensive on a special intro deal and advertised here?

Crazy wouldn't you agree?

Rgds

Nathan

p.s. can I be the dealer for KENT ? This still look cheap to import as advertised for $3999, which am sure would be cheaper if you shop around.

9. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    Nathan,

The spec and price was changed at CES. Ivojo were advertising at the pricing that it was originally spec'd at. There current pricing and sepc is wrong and I'll be speaking to them about that now.

Retailers are free to sell for whatever they want. I have posted the SRP for the products in UK. That's suggested......

Originally the unit was to ship with an SDI DVD as standard with an option for better spec one. However, the added design time meant that the market had changed. They have, I imagine, pre-bought large stocks of Panasonic DVD's for SDI modding and you can see that it's because of this that there are BIG savings to be had by pre-buying with an SDI DVD.

The price for a HD-Leeza by itself from launch is listed in my post too. It's suggested. I'm sure that there are dealers who will perhaps be more flexible. I also think that once carriage, duty and VAT are added on my dealers should be pretty competative.

Thanks for pointing out Ken's errors on his site.

Gordon

10. nfordenfield

nfordenfield
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great, so can I be the dealer for KENT then?

11. RAMiAM

RAMiAM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Gordon,
    A few questions if you please :)
    1. If this replaces the original input card does that mean that you would loose one RGB(HV) input?
    2. Is it possible to buy the Pio PDP-433MXE without it's original card, there by saving some money as this card would now sit in the loft gathering dust?
    3. Can the Pio PDP-433MXE accept more than one input card?
    4. What is the "real" likely-hood of KD producing a SDI to DVI adaptor?
    5. Are Pio' planning a new line of panels for 2003 (if you know about such things)?

Again, thanks for all your help.
    Kind regards,
    RAM

12. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    I bought my MXE without any input module board. I just use the HD15 PC input terminal until KeyDigital card arrives. As such I do not know what extra or less inputs the Pioneer card has compared to KeYoNE. I will investigate for you though.

I do not believe they can accept more than one card at a time.

I would say that as they have announced they are doing such a device they will be doing such a device. I will get confirmation asap.

Joe is pretty sure there are no new units coming out this year. It's really a question for Pioneer though as I can't really speak on their behalf.

Gordon

13. RAMiAM

RAMiAM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Gordon,
    Thanks as always.
    I think where I was getting confused was in the brochure I saw for the MXE it had one RGB (HD15) and one RGBHV (5xBNC).
    I wrongly presumed that these inputs were through an already installed input card. Hence I thought by installing the KD card you would loose these inputs.
    In fact by installing the KD card you could end up with quite a few inputs - three RGB, two Component, two DVI, one S-Video and one Composite. Quite a line up.
    As long as the original two RGB inputs are not disabled by the inclusion of the KD card!

Any chance you know when you might be taking ownership of the KD card and reporting back your findings?

Regards,
    RAM

14. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    Ray: My understanding is that only the HD15 (PC) socket is enabled when there are no input modules on board. The other sockets are there but don't function. I am not sure whether the BNC's would become active when the Key Card is added.

I'll let everyone know when the card is with me....

Gordon

15. RAMiAM

RAMiAM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Gordon,
    Slightly amazed that the BNC connectors are not enabled by default. Especially as the brochure I have does not mention anything regarding this.
    It does not even mention that the two (PC and BNC) connectors are shared, i.e., if one is connected the other is disabled.
    Weird - I wonder why?

RAM

16. bluebaron

bluebaron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gordon,

What are the benefits of the native keydigital card over the 5002 card that comes with the Pio433MXE? Given that you have DVI and component inputs as standard is the picture quality better?

17. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    That is exactly the point. The Key card has superior film source video de-interlacing for PAL material, it will have superior colour video decoding and I am pretty sure it's video source material de-interlacing will be superior to that of the Pioneer card by a fair old margin.

The pre-buy offer is now closed and I'd like to thank everyone who participated.

Gordon