Keyboard to use with Samsung Smart TV

brissle

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have recently bought a Samsung Smart TV model UE40es6800. Great TV.

I would like to find an inexpensive keyboard and mouse to use when the Tv is in "Smart" mode - for the search engine, iPlayer etc. Using the remote is very clumsy.

The Samsung wireless keyboard and mouse costs around £80.

I'm told that a Logitech K400 wireless keyboard with built-in mouse pad will work with this TV. Only £25 on Amazon. Does anyone know if that's correct?

Has anyone tried this? Any recommendations or advice?

I'd be grateful for any help

Thanks

brissle

I recall this being asked before and the response was limited, not because people can't be bothered to reply but simply have not gone ahead and tried however, I went up to the search option on this website and typed in keyboard

and came up with these threads which have similar questions to you

46ES6800
http://www.avforums.com/forums/smart-tv/1645029-wireless-keyboard.html

http://www.avforums.com/forums/smart-tv/1635731-samsung-wireless-keyboard-pairing.html

http://www.avforums.com/forums/smart-tv/1640566-samsung-ue46d7000-wireless-keyboard.html

This may be helpful

Thank you for those links - as it happens I have been looking at other sources of information and found one place where the Logitech K400 keyboard was recommended as being compatible. (Currys also say it is, but wouldn't open a pac to prove it). However one of the links from this forum states that it is not...!! But before I received your reply I had ordered the K400 from Amazon so will see if it works and will report back for the sake of others going through the same process. I can always send it back.

Next is to find an affordable webcam for Skype.....
I'll use your idea of searching in this forum first.

Thanks for your help.

brissle - I use my Logitech wii cordless keyboard with my Samsung Smart TV.

This wii keyboard relies on a tiny, loseable, battery-driven USB dongle to make the connection. I believe the K400 relies on a similar dongle. If so, chances are it also will work with a Samsung Smart TV.

I can now confirm that the Logitech K400 works well with my Samsung ue40es6800 Smart TV.
The keyboard has a built-in mouse which operates fine - easier than separate mouse and keyboard.
Thanks to all who offered advice.

Hi

My main problem with my UE55ES8000 is with YouTube - it takes too long for me to type in a Search query using the remote.

I already have the Samsung Remote app on my iPad, however, when I use the YouTube app, I don't see how to use the iPad "keyboard" to easily type in a search term.

If I bought the Logitech or Samsung keyboard can anyone confirm that you can definitely use the keyboard with the YouTube app as otherwise it would be pointless for me?

Thanks
Ash

My main problem with my UE55ES8000 is with YouTube - it takes too long for me to type in a Search query using the remote.

I already have the Samsung Remote app on my iPad, however, when I use the YouTube app, I don't see how to use the iPad "keyboard" to easily type in a search term.

Try the myTiFi Remote ipad app.

I have tried using my Logitech k350.
Though the keyboard seems to be recognised nothing appears when I type.
I have put the Logitech dongle in the TV usb.
Gone through the menu to system:device manager:keyboard and its says logitech usb but nada.
Anyone any ideas?
Keyboards ok I'm typing with it now.

I have tried using my Logitech k350.
Though the keyboard seems to be recognised nothing appears when I type.
I have put the Logitech dongle in the TV usb.
Gone through the menu to system:device manager:keyboard and its says logitech usb but nada.
Anyone any ideas?
Keyboards ok I'm typing with it now.

I just tried Youtube with my Logitech Wii keyboard and it also doesn't work.

The keyboard maybe only works with SmartHub searches. If you enter your Youtube keywords in the search field at the top of SmartHub, you get YouTube results along with the rest.

The keyboard maybe only works with SmartHub searches. If you enter your Youtube keywords in the search field at the top of SmartHub, you get YouTube results along with the rest.

Nope - I can't type into the Smarthub search box

Dude you NAILED it man! I can now use the app on the iPad to do the search - no need to buy a keyboard after all! :) :smashin: :thumbsup: :clap:

Hi

If I bought the Logitech or Samsung keyboard can anyone confirm that you can definitely use the keyboard with the YouTube app as otherwise it would be pointless for me?

Thanks
Ash
Latest YouTube app does not support any keyboards.

I see someone said you can't use the app for searching YouTube, when searching they say its too slow.

If you are using the app, open up app, click on remote then full at the bottom right, click on YouTube and then staying in full scroll down and search all and it allows you to use the keyboard on your iPad, so quicker to type instead of scroll around that stupid keypad on the search directly in YouTube.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Is there an app for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 that will give you full remote for a Samsung 22" smart TV, including keyboard?

Logitech K400 wireless keyboard will not work with Samsung 40" Smart TV. I tried it, but with Smart applications as Web application or any other smart application the keyboard will not work. However if I connect my laptop to TV and run it as extra screen, the wireless keyboard will work in laptop.

I tried to use Logitec K400 wireless keyboard in Smart TV, but none of the Smart TV application do not work.
I can use TV as extra monitor for laptop and keyboard will work that way in TV.

Luckily I have a Logitech diNovo Edge, bought in a sale over 2 years ago, which I used with the laptop I replaced last year with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. It paired with my UE55ES8000 first time and it looks well on it's charging stand next to the TV and only needs a 2 hour charge to last over 2 months. The touchdisc touch pad means there's no need for a mouse and along with the media buttons there is a touch sensitive volume slider. I doubt I would buy one for my TV today as it is still expensive and consider myself lucky to have one as a spare!

Am I the only person with troubles using Samsung's official iPad app? When I first installed it, it would work, but crashed after a few seconds. Now, it doesn't crash, but doesn't work. It connects, but there are no buttons. I tried uninstalling the app from my iPad and reinstalling, but no luck.

The iPhone version works, but I really want the iPad one, as my iPhone travels with me...

ovbg said:
Am I the only person with troubles using Samsung's official iPad app? When I first installed it, it would work, but crashed after a few seconds. Now, it doesn't crash, but doesn't work. It connects, but there are no buttons. I tried uninstalling the app from my iPad and reinstalling, but no luck.

The iPhone version works, but I really want the iPad one, as my iPhone travels with me...

Got same problem used to work but after last update will not even find TV tried the usually re installled refreshed smart hub but nothing anybody gotbitvworking

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom