1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

key digital question

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Plump, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Plump

Plump
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello,
    having just read looong thread on avsforum about hd leeza.
    i actually planned to go for one but after reading it all i am not so sure anymore. i can also now understand why that plasma card is not coming out yet.

can someone tell me if these problems are PAL related only or they affect NTSC too? and even more important, is there any chance of correcting them, or better said is the problem in the software or in the scaling chip

thanks

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    The HD-Leeza currently does superb job with NTSC and ATSC source material whether from film or video, as long as you use 60Hz refresh. It also does a nice job on video source PAL material. It's issue is with film source PAL material. Mike Tsinberg and his team have multiple torture test PAL DVD's and they are working on this issue.

I use an HDL at home and even in it's part working PAL state it is still MILES better than the on board processing of the Pioneer panels 5002 card. There are other bugs which are being addressed which are not necessarily picture quality related. They do appear to be taking slightly longer than I would wish but i am confident they will, eventually, resolve most if not all issues.

Gordon

P.S. I wouldn't expect a Card for quite some time. They confirmed Christmas, if they were lucky.

OH and congrulations on reading War and Peace....as that thread should be known:D

3. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    Now, if only Lumagen would produce some cards for the Pioneer. These would definitely be worth waiting for, as even Aurora are now back-tracking on their proposed next Pioneer card, nevermind the continually delayed Key Digital effort. :(

Steve

4. Plump

Plump
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When already talking about Lumagen, anyone (Gordon?) knows if Lumagen is going to add HDMI + HDCP to their scalers soon (new models)?

5. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    The first scaler that I know will have those features is the Asim from Immersive. With my fingers crossed it might well be at The Event

Gordon