1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KEP42M1S Set Up Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by PGYEOMANS73, Jan 7, 2005.

1. PGYEOMANS73

PGYEOMANS73
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Everyone....

After much deliberation I decided to go against all the advice (sorry Dutch, etc. ;) ) and buy a Sony KEP42M1S. The deal I was offered was, in my opinion, too good to turn down and I have decided to use this as my first step into the world of Plasma with the intention of upgrading in about 12 to 18 months to something that is DEFINITELY High Definition compatible etc. once Sky start to deliver the goods....

ANYWAY - now I have made my excuses for buying the damn thing I would like some advice if possible in terms of setting it up....I am getting it delivered next Wednesday and really want to know what the best thing to do is regarding 'running in'. Is there any generic advice for running in (i.e. low settings for 200 hourse) or is this all specific to the set in question..?

If so then does anyone know the best way to run in the Sony KEP42M1S? All suggestions and advice are, as always, much appreciated and fully taken on board (if not always acted upon :blush: )....

Additionally/Finally I would be grateful of any comments about how best to connect my *current* 'kit' to the set. I have a Pioneer DVD/Surround Sound combi unit that I intend to use as my main DVD player but this only has S-Video output as it is now a couple of years old; I am also going to be getting the Sony RDRGX300 DVD recorder free with the Plasma and will want to connect that either directly to the Plasma (if the outputs are better than my current DVD player - component etc.) or to the Pioneer DVD player......Also I have a VHS player I still use and Sky+ (oh and an XBox)......

Any ideas for best configuration of the above is, once again, much appreciated.

Cheers everyone - You've been a great help these past few weeks while I have been deciding what to buy and what to do.

Regards - Paul (Yemondo)

2. theroux

theroux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    see the Sony KDEP thread. Dunno if that will help. I asked about initial set up as well and i think everyone said to have contrast about 40 -50% and brightness about that too. Dunno if that will apply to all plasma's in the initla period but i suspect it should. Forgive me if i'm wrong. See what you think.

3. PGYEOMANS73

PGYEOMANS73
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - If anyone else could confirm that would be excellent....

Also any help/suggestions for how best to connect all my kit would be superb.

Kind Regards - Paul (YEMONDO)