1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kenwood v Alpine sat nav +mobile phone

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by analyt, Sep 2, 2005.

1. analyt

analyt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone, i wud like to hear your views please,on these sat navs units. Alpine 310 with nve-no99p and the Kenwood DDX7025 Double DIN monitor also Kenwood KVT925DVD indash monitor. Main points being graphics, ease of use, reliability. I have been informed today that Alpine is superior to Kenwood, I like the cosmetic looks of Kenwood, I am also interested in the ads and disads of pop out or on dash screen the latter looking more like a factory fit unit. Also, why oh why is it not possible,to be able to view mobile phone directory etc on the monitors. I know you could with the previous Alpine 300.

2. Gazpilot

Gazpilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi analyt,
    I have the Alpine iva 300r and have to say its is excellent. The expandability of this unit is second to none, so far I have added a GPS, twin rear 7" screens, an Ipod unit, a DAB reciever, a freeview sat system and a Alpine/Nokia mobile hub.

To answer your points

The graphics/picture is excellent on all screens.

Being a touch screen unit it's real easy to use (you also get a remote with the GPS but this is touch screen also).

The screens opens and closes at the touch of a button and also closes when you turn it off (anti theft) the 310 also has a removable panel.

As for the phone, you can sometimes get the mobilehub kit on ebay that allows you to connenct and have full access to the Nokia 62-6310 series of phones (I know these are old but I have it on payt and just leave it in the holder and forward my Nokia 8810 to it when in the car).

3. analyt

analyt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gazpilot, thanx 4 your reply, can the 300r monitor be closed and still give voice instructions?DAB receiver and freeview sat system r of interest to me. Is MediaXpander the same as DAB? i like the idea of the 310r's removeable panel and information panel display with screen closed, however the big plus with 300 is the link up 2 Nokia 6310.

4. Gazpilot

Gazpilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the 310 can also link to the 6310 with the CXA B200K, MediaXpander is a built in sound processor where as DAB is digitally broadcast Radio (just more choice really).

You can still listen to all sound sources inc GPS voice guidance with the screen closed, it's just video that’s turned off.

5. analyt

analyt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya Gazpilot, i'l look in2 that mobile link, i understand about MediaXpander now, and glad GPS voice guidance is still there with screen closed.

Is there ANYONE out there who has a Kenwood 7025 Double DIN, is there anyone who has Kenwood sat nav fullstop?!! It would fit into my cherished Audi A3 and look like a factory fit, cant get on with Audi factory fit you have to twiddle a dial, there is no remote or touch screen.

6. Gazpilot

Gazpilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry analyt, just checked the 310 manual and no metion of the nokia mobile hub.

7. analyt

analyt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx Gazpilot, i could get hold of a mobile hub but your right the Alpine 310 dus'nt have one. How different can the 300 and 310 be, wudnt it have a little hole for me to connect it to?

8. Gazpilot

Gazpilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It may work on the 310 as it uses the Alpine AI Net interface, might be worth giving Alpine tech support a call as it really is a good phone kit.

Attached Files:

9. analyt

analyt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good thumbnail Gazpilot Cheers. I have spoken to two tech guys at Alpine both very helpful and knew their stuff, apart from things like why has the mobile hub been dropped with 310 and how cum, with all the interfaces you make, i cant have one to connect my steering wheel remote switches to this unit. Kenwood and Alpine seem to have a problem with attachments for Audi. Neither seem to be user friendly with each other!

10. Gazpilot

Gazpilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try giving autoleads.co.uk a call reference the steering wheel control leads, they tend to make them for most cars.

When I brought my Alfa last year there was no cable for this either, I gave Alpine a call and about 2 months later they had developed one.

11. analyt

analyt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gazpilot thanks 4 feedback.

Iv emailed autoleads.co.uk hopefully they'll reply Monday, after looking at their site they may even be able to help re mobile info appearing on screen.

Alfa and Audi mm... what is it with these 'A listed cars'!