Kenwood sat nav

garyb9900

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience (good or bad) of the Kenwood double DIN DVD headunits (6029, 7029 etc.) and the sat nav add ons for them?
Just considering changing my Double DIN Vauxhall unit that came as standard with my van and the thought of getting one with a fair amount of functionality is appealing.
Sat nav function is the feature that appeals most.

Got one of these in my mondeo, started with a kenwood disk based sat nav and then changed it for the Kenwood KNA-G520 the later unit has better POIs and is easier to update but the older one was actually easier to use. Both work great anyway and the double din gives a nice big display.

Whats the map display like on the G520, does it look like the TomTom or is it as good as the DVD based system?

The kna-g520 is made by garmin and uses the same map display as other garmin satnav products.

I've had pretty bad experience with the KNA-G520 thus far and am in fact picking up my replacement tomorrow. The DDX-6029 unit itself is excellent and has a nice large clear display and is easy to use. It could be my problems are due to the fact I updated the firmware myself which the dealer told me could have corrupted something as it just could not calculate efficiently, turn in function did not work, speedometer on trip computer was half the actual speed, cursor would not face correct way to which the car was facing.. Hopefully these will all be sorted out when I get my unit back tomorrow which was sent to Kenwood, if not there's gonna be trouble :eek:

Since getting my replacement (newly overhauled version as it says) it's been a LOT better and I'm pleased with it so far, will test it further but it's looking good :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom