• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Kenwood RV-6000 Amp HDMI Video Setup

tkarami

Standard Member
Hey All,

So i'v decided to buy a Kenwood Amp and Speakers/Sub from gumtree for a reasonable price.

Its a Kenwood RV-6000.

Now my question is, If I plug a HDMI cable to the monitor out port on the Amp and just plug it into anyone of my HDMI ports on the TV will I get video through it? So in other words if I plugged my PS3 to my Amp and my Amp to my TV (in any random HDMI port on the TV) will the PS3 still come up on the TV and the sound still go through the Amp?

I have no clue in this and its the only thing thats worrying me about going to get this Amp and Speakers.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Timothy

dante01

Distinguished Member
The receiver acts as a HDMI video switch as well as processing the audio prior to then amplifying it and powering your speakers. Yes, the HDMI connection from your source would go into the AV receiver and the video would then be passed on through via the receiver's HDMI output to a display.

tkarami

Standard Member
Awesome work, thanks heaps dante01, really fast response.

That clears everything up for me, so It doesnt matter how crap the tv is aslong as its got a hdmi port the amp will do the rest.

Now i can go buy this without worrying.

Thanks once again!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom