Kenwood KRF-X9050D......opinions?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Rambo John J, Jul 4, 2001.

1. Rambo John J

Rambo John J
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    Firstly, are QED UK any good on service and delivery? They've got some good prices on their site, and at the moment I'm toying with the idea of either an Onkyo or Kenwood upgrade for my system.
    I'm seriously tempted by the KRF-X9050D with it's DD/DTS/DPL2/THX certification and it's only about £300!
    Also in the running is one of these Onkyo babies with DPL2 (I can't remember the model but it was discussed hereabouts recently) around the same price, but I don't want to get out the plastic if folks have got any nightmare stories about this company.

I've tested so many really good amps in the last 18 months it's getting hard to make a decision. Especially as the pricing seems so much more competetive than it was when I first got into HC about 5 years ago. It's making me to reluctant to spend the money in case things get even cheaper in the next 12 months :eek: