Kenwood KRF-V7010 with a ???????

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Bryan Creed, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Bryan Creed

Bryan Creed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yesterday i bought a Sony DAVS500 home theatre system (£500). Today its going back as it does not do what i expected.

I am now exploring an alternative route using my ProLogic Kenwood Surround Sound Receiver KRF-V7010. Can anyone suggest a DVD player which has the appropriate DD 5.1 output connections.

I would be looking sub £200. to allow me to purchase some new speakers.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whyever not the Sony DVPNS700 which will give you SACD to boot ? £199 multiregion from Richer Sounds currently but check for RCE compatibility if it's important to you (not sure about that one).

Mike.

3. Bryan Creed

Bryan Creed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply

What is RCE compatibility ?

It is also quite important to have a neat solution i.e amp and dvd in a cabinet (to keep the wife happy), i am trying to avoid a bulky cable from DVD to TV i.e SCART. Is there a 5m slimline scart cable available, if not i would like to use componenet video output, but, the DVPNS700 does not have this facility does it ?

4. sambullet

sambullet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you ever find out if the dvp700 was rce compatable . Any problems with it cos I might get one