Kenwood KDC-W3037 Problems - Please help...

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by fu510n, Feb 7, 2009.

1. fu510n

fu510n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Hi all, ive just installed my old Kenwood KDC-W3037 into my girlfriends Ford Ka2 (huge pain in the arse btw). However when ive set up the sound settings and radio stations etc. and saved everything its somehow all been forgotten the next time the stereo is inserted. I cant quite understand how as ive definately saved the settings :confused:

Also, the stereo wont operate unless the keys are in the ignition, another puzzler :confused:

So, any ideas? Its been bugging me all day so any help is appreciated :thumbsup:

Cheers, fu510n

2. IANOLIVER

IANOLIVER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    If you mean that the memories are lost when you turn off the ignition then turn round the permanent and ignition feeds, yellow and red leads, they usually have connectors in for this purpose. If you disconnect the unit all memories will be lost.

It is designed to turn off when the ignition is turned off, if you don't wont this then wire both feeds together to the permanent feed, but you will have to turn on and off on the Kenwood head unit.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  3. fu510n

fu510n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    I went through that fiasco before though and ive not changed the leads back so surely it should still be the same?

Besides, i really dont want to have to get the stereo back out again, it was a nightmare getting it in due to Ford's ridiculous design :(

4. IANOLIVER

IANOLIVER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    You didn't say what vehicle it was previously in. Some car manufacturers have the two feeds the opposite way round, that's why the connectors in the yellow and reds are (should be) there, so you will need to turn them round. This is common problem that people who are not aware of it come across.

5. fu510n

fu510n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Just had it all out again........ complete puzzlement :confused:

It was previously in my Volkswagen Polo which has the cables the opposite way round, since i found this out ive switched them round to what should work for most other cars and ive got nothing happening. Ive tried everything but the only way i can get the stereo to work is without the memory-thing.

To make matters worse the clock and inside light on the car has stopped working, this should be down to a blown fuse, however that same fuse also operates the stereo and that works fine :confused:

What a pain in the arse!