Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Kenwood KDC-5050R

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by DITTRICH, May 23, 2005.

1. DITTRICH

DITTRICH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm trying to find a downloadable manual from the net for this in-car cd-receiver. No luck so far. Any suggestions? It's a face-of design and not a current model.

Also, am I right in thinking that it doesn't have to have a security code reinput if it loses its power - ie I need to disconnect the battery on the car and naturally I want the unit to work after I reconnect the battery :D .

As you can see I'm not an expert, but I guess the manual would answer these questions if only I could find one.

Cheers

Les

2. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    You'd be wrong in thinking about the security code - assuming it's been set and is a feature of that model.

When you disconnect power it's no different to thinking the unit has been removed (think - stolen) from the car. Therefore when reconnected, it'll ask for the code.

As for manual, I can only find it listed on German sites - the UK Site has a manual for the 5060R (maybe the same unit but different model # in the UK?)

http://kenwood.nl.nt.ims.hr/languages/EN/support/manuals/KDC-60-5060R.pdf

3. DITTRICH

DITTRICH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the speedy response. I'm really impressed. The unit came with the 2nd hand car I bought. I did try several searches on the net but sometimes you need to know just where to look.
    Cheers
    Les