• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Kenwood :DP-X9010 .Anyone have/had one ?

Brian Lloyd

Novice Member
Hello.I have been given one of these and it looks. In excellent condition .I know I will need to add a DAC etc to get it up and running .I believe these get rave reviews and worth keeping etc .
What i have done is removed the “transport “ screw and plugged it in etc .All buttons seem to work and the disc spins up etc . BUT -! Whilst it shows the CD tack numbers and how many mins the CD is etc .When the play button is pressed .The “clock” is not running to show how much of the track has played etc . The “Zero’s” are there before play is pressed .Then they just disappear. Could it be that its not hooked up to a DAC ? Or could the Laser been on the blink? But then how would it read the info it has read etc ? Thanks

Brian Lloyd

Novice Member
Apologies for staing the bleedin' obvious, but have you tried cycling the Time Display button?
YES !! I should be getting with luck tomorrow a digital lead to run it into the Kenwood Amp/DAC (Thats also meant to be quite special !) then i can at least quickly use headphones to see if there is any sound etc .

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
Found a video on YouTube & the Time DIsplay button just toggles between time elapsed & time remaining.

Just leave it playing & see if it moves to track 2 etc.

Brian Lloyd

Novice Member
Nothing...! Looks like the CD laser etc whilst it will jump from track to track.Will not “Play” .so something is wrong . Big question is “do I invest “ as its meant to be a “quality “ player and who is good at “honest repairs “?

Brian Lloyd

Novice Member
Made contact with “London sounds” who have recommended someone very local to me . The plan is to take the machine to him for him to test the voltage at the laser etc .But he is 100% certain finding a replacement will be Impossible !! Cross fingered etc !

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom