• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Kenwood DNX7200 - problems upgrading firmware

ravells

Standard Member
Hi Everyone, this is my first post in these forums and I'm hoping someone can help.

We have a Kenwood DNX7200 sat nav/ICE system in the car. It is currently running firmware version 1.0.1. The newest firmware version is 1.0.9

I've bought a new map update SD card from Garmin but to install the new maps I have to first upgrade the firmware for the Kenwood and then upgrade the onboard software from Garmin and then it will (ha ha) should allow me to upgrade the maps.

I'm falling down badly at the first hurdle for upgrading the firmware. Here is what I have done.

I've downloaded the firmware upgrade file (k07v_update-1.0.9.tar.gz) from Kenwood.

I've copied and pasted the upgrade file onto a 256mb SD card which I have formatted to FAT (I've also tried FAT32 - no luck). All the other SD cards I have are 4gb and I've read on other forums that the Kenwood can't read those.

I've put the SD card into the Kenwood and navigated to the 'Software Information' panel. The instructions say I'm supposed to see a new button under the current software version which when pressed will commence the upgrade, but no new button appears.

I'm guessing that this might be a problem with the SD card (which seems to run fine on the computer) or the card reader in the Kenwood (in which case it will have to go the shop), but can anyone think of anything else I can try before I concede defeat and take the unit in for repairs?

Many thanks in advance!

Ravs

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom