• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Kenwood DNX7200 and Nokia N95 8GB

dash rendar

Standard Member
Hi all. I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping you can help me.

I've just bought a new Kenwood DNX7200 unit with the Bluetooth module. I've had no end of trouble since I bought it.

First, it turns out the firmware on it was ancient at 1.0.4. The latest version if 2.6.0, but the flashing instructions (via the SD card) didn't work. I did, however, manage to find an older firmware (1.0.9) and managed to flash it to that using the USB stick. I'm guessing then, that I can't flash from 1.x.x to 2.x.x?

Secondly, I can't synchronise my Nokia N95 contacts list with the unit. The Kenwood compatibility page doesn't explicitly show the N95 on the list, but other Symbian S60 phones appear to allow synchronising of the contacts. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks.

18pcs

You will have to manually synchronise the contacts. Select and mark all and send by bluetooth to the unit. Apparently the N95 has least compatibilty with Kenwood or any other factory fitted Handsfree systems. hope you have upgraded the n95 firmware with the latest one too.

derwill

Standard Member
The DNX 5220BT syncs the whole phonebook in one go, under 30 seconds in my case. Not sure what the deal is with the 7200 and I use a nokia E51. The text message function does not work at all on mine. It is greyed out and I do not get notification of new text messages.

dash rendar

Standard Member
Thanks for the replies and the lateness in replying. I didn't have the thread 'subscribed' and had no idea anyone had replied.

I have tried sending contacts manually over Bluetooth, but that didn't work either. I haven't tried upgrading the firmware, so I'll give that a go.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom