Kenwood DNX5240BT USB video playback

Eddie-head

Standard Member
Hi all,

recently fitted this unit into the car and so far loving it. iphone connection works perfectly, dvd playback and cd playback is spot on, works well with sub/amp and navigation/bluetooth is all top.

I only have one issue, which may be more a restriction of the unit as opposed to a problem with what I'm doing.

I've plugged a USB hard drive in to the cable that comes out the back and have several files on there (mainly to test they all work) and photo/music playback is fine - scrolling through folders is easy and everything plays fine - however I have an issue with video file playback on the device. It recognises the files, sees them in the folder structure but when I play them I only get audio... no video playback

Is this unit only designed to support sound playback from a USB device? Or are there settings on there that I haven't played with yet to enable full video/audio playback from USB?

Thanks in advance

andreiionut

Standard Member
What type are your video files ?These are supported files via USB playback :
USB terminal Yes
USB Type USB1.1 / USB 2.0
MP3 playback with ID3 Tag Display Yes
WMA (Windows Media File) playback Yes
AAC (Advanced Audio Codec) playback Yes
WAV (Waveform Audio Format) playback Yes
MPEG1 Video decoder Yes
MPEG2 Video Decoder Yes
DivX Video Decoder Yes

Eddie-head

Standard Member
my video file types are avi and mp4 - I know you didn't list them specifically but as they are both divx formats I'd expect them to work

funnily enough I reregistered the unit through divx account a few days ago, downloaded the divx registration video file (in divx format!) and even that wouldn't play

crazy, I guess I'll just have to go without that functionality and start burning all my movies back to dvds

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom