Kenwood DNX5200BT IPOD Connectivity Issue

frankp

Standard Member
Hi,
I have just installed by Kenwood DNX5220BT.

When I connect the Ipod the head unit reads the ipod and seems to start playing ok.

When I hit the net track button or try to select a new play list the head unit shows the ipod as disconnected.

I have just updated the firm ware on the head unit and the Ipod is a 4th gen 80GB classic.

Any help gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Frank

Boro22

how much did you buy the HU out of curiosity?

tamick25

Novice Member
Hi,
I have just installed by Kenwood DNX5220BT.

When I connect the Ipod the head unit reads the ipod and seems to start playing ok.

When I hit the net track button or try to select a new play list the head unit shows the ipod as disconnected.

I have just updated the firm ware on the head unit and the Ipod is a 4th gen 80GB classic.

Any help gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Frank

I've just had one fitted and have exactly the same problem. The iPod appears and begins playing via the head unit. Then a few seconds later it disconnects. I think it might be a faulty cable. Frankp - did you ever resolve this on your unit?

koush

Novice Member
Have you got the actually Kenwood cable and not a cheap chinese one? I had a similar problem, I changed it to a proper kenwood one, and its been ok since.

Koush

tamick25

Novice Member
Thanks Koush. I can confirm you're correct. I got a legit Kenwood cable installed by the ICE fitting company - works perfectly. This is a case of buyer beware that cost me £45 in labour costs and £20 wasted on a cable from an Amazon.co.uk seller that isn't genuine, despite claims to the contrary. Beware of 3rd-party knock-offs. They're a waste of cash and time.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom