Kenwood DNX 9260BT or 5280BT

matt_griff

Standard Member
Hi, im shopping around for a Navigation/Audio System for my Golf MK5.
i really like the Kenwood DNX range but im unsure what model to get.

originally i wanted the DNX 5280BT can get if for £690 but when looking around i can see you can get the DNX 9260BT for £800.

the 9260BT is a 2010 model so has the v12 2010 maps, but for the latest 2011 model which is the 9280BT its selling for £1200.

so the 2 models im considering is thr DNX 5280BT with v13 2011 Maps

or the DNX 9260 with v12 2010 maps wich probably can be updated.

which one would you choose and why?

:)

Boro22

9000 series got bigger screen right? i got the old 5220

gam

I got a 5260bt about 6 months ago after I changed my car and had a play with it and I think the 9260bt one, or at least one very similar looking to that, in the stand at a local ice shop and although it had a bigger screen going for it I preferred the look of the cheaper one and didn't like the buttons along the bottom at all, mainly the volume control as I thought it would likely be used the most and may be a bit fiddly to use when driving so preferred the proper main/source buttons and volume knob down the side of the one I got...... but for me that turned into a bit of a mute point as I tend to use the steering wheel controls more now that I didn't have in previous cars although think I would still make the same choice

would recommend if you haven't already, to have a check if there's any kenwood premier dealers near to yourself and call in as they will likely have both or possibly the similar newer model on display in a stand to give you a feel of what the controls feel like as you may instantly prefer one over the other - http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/where_to_buy/

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom