• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Kenwood DAB 9090 problem.

djsky

Standard Member
Hi.

I've just tried connecting my old 9090DAB Hideaway unit to my new KDC-5047U HEad unit.

Now, it sees the DAB unit as a "Sirius" source, finds DAB radio stations fine, but only displays the base frequency (225.648 etc). I've tried changing the display to show the audio quality, service name, component, ensemble etc.... but still it only shows the frequency.

Any ideas?

My guessing is that there's backwards compatibility issues, as this 9090DAB unit is quite old.... but this is the main reason I kept it, as I used to have a KVT-920 DVD unit with which it worked fine, but now my new DNX8220 doesn't have the required F-Bus Connection.

EssexEsprit

Standard Member
I have the same problem with my new KDC-BT60U head unit. It works with the 9090DAB unit, but doesnt display any text, I just get a list with the same ensemble frequency repeated 3 times. It will not display any station info, or audio quality or ensemble name etc. I am thinking theres an issue with the firmware in the new range of head units, as it is obviously is connecting to the DAB unit OK. There are no firmware updates listed on the Kenwood site, so I guess I will have to be patient. They have so far failed to answer my 2 emails to them on this issue.

Let me know if you find a solution

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom