1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kenwood 107VR Config Question (SPACE & CENTER) Questions...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by webdeveloper02, Oct 23, 2002.

1. webdeveloper02

webdeveloper02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello there....

Thout I would toss this question out and see if any of you hard-core AV Buffs can answer it for me...

I have a Kenwood 107VR Receiver (Old, Refirb'd, but works great!)

When I select the various "Listen Modes" (Stereo, Prologic, 3 Stereo, DSP, DSP Logic) -- in particular, the "Prologic" mode, I have found that in addition to the various settings available via pressing the "Setup" button on my remote (Sub on/off, L/R Balance, L/C/R/Surr/Sub Fuzz Test, and Surround Delay) that pressing the "Sound" Button on my remote offers 2 additional options: "Center" and "Space" - both adjustable via pressing the up/down Level Control Buttons (for values of 1-7 each) ... yet no where is this feature documented in the Instruction Manual!!!

Can someone clue me in on this feature / these settings -- and what are they for?

Thanks in Advance..

- Neal

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Hi

Best way is to adjust them and listen to what effect they have. A wild stab in the dark, Centre could be centre channel width??

As I say, try adjusting them to see what happens.

3. webdeveloper02

webdeveloper02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :) Thanks for the reply - I've noticed some effect of adjusting the "center" between 1 and 7 (it sounds like the center speaker is more localized at 1, more spread out at 7)

I haven't been able to detect much difference with the Space setting... I wish these things were documented in the manual... and was hoping someone else out there who has another Kenwood Recv. (diff model is fine) that had those settings doumented.

It's difficult to fine-tune your surround and center channel speakers when some of the configuration options are sans documentation.

Ahh well.. thanks again for the reply :)

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    From what you´ve described, CENTRE definitely sounds similar to the Centre Width adjustment on my amp (Denon).

SPACE may well be front to back spread of the sound or incorporate the rear speakers somehow.

As you say, it´s not a lot of help when the manual doesn´t mention anything!! Have you tried contacting Kenwood directly?? See what they have to say!:)