Kensington type lock for Samsung tv attached to wall with ultra slim mount

Superfly Jon

Standard Member
My new tv comes with a kensington lock slot on the back so I was thinking of securing the tv. I tried a computer lock from work but it was too deep, there is only a bit over 1cm gap from the bit of the tv with the lock slot in.

Does anyone know of a kensington type lock that will fit in this narrow depth?

Jon

Member252055

Hi

Usually the kensington locks meant for laptops have a smaller fixing and thinner cable. This may be more suitable.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Graham

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
I don't understand why they put the slot on big TVs, a good yank and the plastic breaks away.
We had this happen when someone broke in at work a coupel of years ago.

Member252055

Hi

Yes, that's true. It may be better to forget the Kensington bit and just put a loop of decent security cable around the bracket fixing on the rear of the TV and through an eye bolt in the wall.

There's no 100% solution to this. The other option is to use tamper proof screws on the locking mech on the bracket. This means the TV can't be removed easily from the bracket so then you can't get it off the wall.

Regards
Graham

Superfly Jon

Standard Member
The samsung slim mount is just like a picture hanging on a wall so the tv can be just lifted off the wall and so there isn't anything mountwise to secure either.

Next door was burgled recently making me slightly paranoid...

Member252055

Ah ok...

As an option then you could use one of the other two wall fixing points in the TV to attach a cable with a security/tamper-proof fixing then attach the other end to the wall.

At the end of the day, if someone's in your house and wants the TV then they'll probably get it unless it's on a standard type wall bracket with a plate and arms, in which case they'd have to yank the bracket off the wall.

I don't know if you have a house alarm but you can also get individual door sensors which can be used between the TV and wall to detect the TV being lifted off the wall, sounding an alarm. A bit like a shed door alarm. This may be a better deterent...

Regards
Graham

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom