Quantcast

Ken Ishiwata

Cold blooded

Sad news, Ken Ishiwata, famous and loved as a 'brand ambassador' and thus the figurehead of Marantz, died on 25 November at the age of 72 in his hometown in Belgium.
His sound will play on.
🇯🇵

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Although our paths didn't cross as often as I would have liked, I am very sad to hear of the passing of Ken Ishiwata. He leaves a legacy in the development of Hi-Fi products few others will ever match. RIP.

SonOfSJ

This really is a shame. Still only 72!

kahlua

owned a few of the ki editions,loved them all,r.i.p.

Steve Withers

Reviewer
This is sad news. The word legend is used far too often these days, but in Ken's case the term seems entirely appropriate.

LicensedTaximan

This really is a shame. Still only 72!
I agree 72 is certainly not old by any standards in this day and age. I was quite shocked and very sad at reading this news. R.I.P. K.I. 😔.

htliam

Novice Member
Only last weekend I took my PM66 KI out of storage (after 6+ years!) to power my front speakers. I had forgotten how it was to just pick an instrument and follow it, then pick another one and another! Quite a legacy to leave behind - his work brought pleasure to many and continues to do so, can't ask for more than that really...

raoulx

Very sad news. Such an impactful person within the whole HiFi world

iainoco

Very sad. Used to have a CD6000 OSE KI Signature, still regret selling it. What a player and what an ear for tuning products. RIP Ken