kempez new AV setup

kempez

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Had this setup a little while now, albeit added a new TV and UHD BR Player last month.

Lounge:

Anthony Gallo A'Diva Ti (QED Silver Anniversary cables)
BK XLS 200 DF
Denon AVR-2300W
LG OLED OLED55C8PLA 55"
Sky Q 4K
Sony UBP-X700

330E6D20-EC77-4FB6-BBC8-43C728F496C6.jpeg

IMG_1990.png
IMG_1991 (1).png
IMG_1993 (1).png

Attachments

• IMG_1992.png
    IMG_1992.png
    9.5 MB · Views: 337
Last edited:
Spare room that I use for gaming, watching TV the wife doesn’t want to watch (like football) and for the kids to chill. Due to be refurbished early next year:

LG OLED 55B6V
PS4 Pro
Sony STR-DN1080
Mordant Short 906i
Mordant Short 905i

3D98872E-8E97-4F59-B721-A14F5EB48FE0.jpeg

Last edited:
Got some new stands for the Gallo’s.

Also, added some 603’s to my office/listening room, albeit I need a tidy up ;)

B&W 603
Yamaha DSP-AX863SE
QED XT40
Esinkin Bluetooth Audio Adapter (temporary whilst I work out a solution)
iMac 27”

2528C24E-2086-4F7E-ABC7-937D8F25F821.jpeg

Last edited:
If I were you I would trade in the Yamaha in the listening room for a 2 channel integrated amp, or pre/power amp combo (assuming you don't need the multichannel functionality). AV amps are not the best for stereo listening and those B&Ws could really sing with the right amp.

To be fair to the Yammy: it’s pretty decent. However, I agree. I’m looking at a garage conversion some when and when I do I will be giving them something better to power them.

Noticed the Bk sub. How do you find it? Thinking of buying that model.

Nice looking speakers Matt.

Have you tried removing the jumpers and seeing how they sound bi-amped?

I’ve checked the spec of both the speakers and amp and you do have it at your disposal to see if you can further improve things.

Consult your user manual (page 16) or, to make life a little easier, page 18 in the following pdf:

Noticed the Bk sub. How do you find it? Thinking of buying that model.

The BK is absolutely brilliant. It works really nicely with the A'Diva's as well because it is so versatile and fills in the gaps (as they're little speakers). It goes loud and low when needed too, albeit it isn't the brute that my old XTZ 12.18 was :laugh: The fit and finish are absolutely top notch and down-firing is perfect for me in my lounge due to the small kids running around, poking things

Nice looking speakers Matt.

Have you tried removing the jumpers and seeing how they sound bi-amped?

I’ve checked the spec of both the speakers and amp and you do have it at your disposal to see if you can further improve things.

Consult your user manual (page 16) or, to make life a little easier, page 18 in the following pdf:

I've not got round to bi-amping them yet, although I am tempted to. They are attached to a single strand of QED XTR40 bi-wire (each) at the moment so it wouldn't be much hassle. Something for a quiet evening :thumbsup: I've used this amp in bi-amp mode before so I know how to do it, but thanks:smashin:. I do still keep staring at Arcam amps online though (my friend had one and it was thumping).Gah!

A slight :D switch around in my house, with a quite large amount of building work done. I think I may put a thread up about it, but unsure how many people would be interested.

New Lounge setup (awaiting Nest Thermostat install)

IMG_6211.jpeg

IMG_5852.jpeg

Family room setup

IMG_5856.jpeg

nice clean and simple setup
i am in the process too. my installer suggested Anthony Diva speakers as i dont have space in the front for book shelf or floor standign speakers
but i was not sure of these diva, never heard it before.so have told him no.

nice clean and simple setup
i am in the process too. my installer suggested Anthony Diva speakers as i dont have space in the front for book shelf or floor standign speakers
but i was not sure of these diva, never heard it before.so have told him no.
I've got some (older), A'Diva Ti's. They are genuinely absolutely superb. It's almost unbelievable how good the sound is coming out of them. The do need a sub to augment the very lowest parts of an AV track, but something decent and cost-efficient like a BK will more than do the job. My wife loves the looks of them and is very bitter I've sent them upstairs in my office and replaced them with the B&W's. :D

I'd ask for a listen to them before saying no. Lovely design and such a great sound from something so tiny.

sure, will try them out if they can do a demo here in dublin.
i currently have MA silver package with BK sub.
not sure if it will be an improvement if i replace MA with A'Diva
but definitely it wil be space saver

Maybe not but worth listening to IMO. And depending on what BK sub, I'd keep that to use with them anyway (I use a BK XLS 200DF with mine)

Nice set up…. And a fellow Saint too 👍🏼

Up the saints and fellow sufferers !

Nice set up.... The sofa looks comfy, and you can lay down for full beer intake & movie watching :)

Up the saints and fellow sufferers !

Nice set up.... The sofa looks comfy, and you can lay down for full beer intake & movie watching :)
Was a great game at the weekend though… 👍🏼

Naked speakers 👍🏻
3BDEF6E4-DA30-41BB-8B1F-FED9847A2BA0.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom