KelvinS1965's setup.

Discussion in 'Members DIY Home Cinema Showcases' started by KelvinS1965, Apr 25, 2007.

1. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,025
    Well I've lurked long enough, getting ideas off this section of the forums.:smashin: I'm known for taking ages in completing my DIY jobs, so don't expect a quick job here.:) Here are a few pictures of the early stages of my living room rebuild.

The plan is to paint the front wall a dark Mocha/Chocolate colour with the side walls a lighter shade. The floor will be a Engineered Oak plank one, with a large dark coloured rug in front of the sofas (in place of the small blue one we have now). The Pelmet needs rebuilding with a thicker grade of MDF as the existing is too flexible, then I'll put a slot in underneath for the screen to drop through. The IR sensor is at the top right, so I made a small hole and moved the plastic cover off the casing and fitted it on the front of the pelmet.

I mounted the TV just below the window sill so that from outside it can't be seen. A neighbour had their wall mounted Plasma stolen, it was clearly visable from the outside apparently. The blinds will be replaced with some heavy curtains with black out linings to help the light control.

I'm working on a projector lift as I want it hidden when not in use. ATM I use the PJ in 'desk' mode on a sideboard at the back the room. The lights will need changing for something nicer looking and shorter so they don't get in the way of the PJ.

I made the IR repeater about 6-7 years ago when I worked at an Electronics company, so I've long since lost the circuit diagram, but it works well. (It is on the floor under the centre in some shots). This is the reason why I take so long as I end up building everthing from the ground up.:rolleyes: I totally rebuilt our downstairs loo/shower room and ended up moving everything/ceilings down/plasterboard off the walls....it took me a year to finsh.:eek:

At least I have 'Screen 2' (conservatory :D )to retreat to once the living room work starts in ernest. I'm off work with a back injury (having fallen off a ladder last weekend while re roofing my front porch:eek: :eek: ), so I'm only up to taking photos and typing this.....:rolleyes:

Hope to post back in six months or so with it finshed.;)

Attached Files:

2. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,025
    Just to add a few more pics and prove that I can actually finish a project.:D The conservatory was built as a 'shell', then I plasterboarded, tiled and did the electrics/plumbing. The shower room was gutted so everything you see was built by my fair hands. The wall on the right is the shower cubicle...my first stud wall. The boiler used to be there and the shower was where the loo is now. The loo was under the window....you get the idea.:D

The M&K K4s in Screen 2 will be installed as the surround backs in screen 1. Trouble is I'm getting used to them (even though the Sony all in one isn't really the sort of equipment I should be connecting them to;) ). I may have to see if I can find another pair of White K4s or possibly a pair of White K5s would do for Screen 1's centre back?

PS:I just realised when loading the photos....I haven't really finished the shower room as we don't yet have the wall length mirror I was supposed to fit. :blush:

PPS: The skirting in Screen 2 isn't glued on either...but I'm planing on cutting up the left over floor tiles and making the skirting with them like in my shower room (bottom right of the stud wall).....Will I ever finish this DIY???? We've been here six years nearly...I wish I'd done the living room first...that carpet is a serious health hazard.:D

EDIT: The TV stand in 'screen 2' is made from a (discontinued) Oak Ikea 'Lack' coffee table, as I've been PM'd by a few people asking where it came from.

Attached Files:

3. tidytrev

tidytrev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    i was going to ask how you can bear to watch movies on a screen so low, then i saw the pj.
    thats a great idea for keeping everything out of sight but doesnt the light shine through the pj and out the window??

4. ISEEDUMBPEOPLE

ISEEDUMBPEOPLE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Cue 'John 1987' with his generic, one-line comments.

5. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,025
    I prefer to have the TV quite low as I feel it doesn't look so dominant in the room. It's actually pretty much the same height as our old Alphanson stand, just a inch or so lower to 'hide' the top from view.

Not sure what you meant about the light shining through the window?

6. tidytrev

tidytrev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    i mean doesn't any light bleed through the pj screen as itl be pretty prominant when its dark outside

7. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,025
    No light seems to shine through and I usually close the wooden blinds in the window. I did go outside to check when I first got it, incase it was acting like a 'steal me' beacon ( a little paranoia on my behalf!). I get a little bit of light coming in from the outside porch light, which the new lined curtains should help with.

8. tidytrev

tidytrev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    i thought you would have thought of that but i was just checking :thumbsup:

i could imagine people walking past and it being like a drive in movie:rotfl:

9. sdb123

sdb123
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    Hi KelvinS1965,

Looks good so far and the plans sound good. :thumbsup:

I will be installing a PJ & Screen in our new living room (when we eventually move :rolleyes: ) and have been thinking of the mdf pelmet idea to hide the screen casing. I assume you'll paint it when you get the replacement pelmet fitted?

Our room also has a bay window, which will be fitted with blinds (much like yours) and it's good to hear that light leakage doesn't seem to be too much of an issue.

Steve :)

10. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,025
    I will be painting the pelmet as well as fitting matching coving like the side walls have (planing on feeding the surround cables through the space behind the side coving BTW). While the blinds do stop my house looking like a drive in movie :D they aren't so good at keeping out the light from outside as you can see from the (daytime) picture in my first post, hence the change for curtains.

11. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,025
    Here's an update...I've not been able to do much lately since my fall. I ended up off work for two weeks unable to do any DIY.:eek: Gave me chance to read up on the web and watch a few films with the house to myself though.;)

This is 'Pelmet mark 2' as the earlier one was too flimsy ( Mark 1 used 6mm MDF and small batons), remade with 12mm MDF and 50mm x 50mm batoning. Pictures show various stages of the build and one with the screen as it lowers through the slot (just to prove I put it in the right place;) ). The other picture shows my PJ with my new Hoya Neutral Density (ND4) filter added...it really improves the black level and I still find the picture plenty bright enough in the darkened room.

I'll have to remove the bottom section one last time to paint the wall inside the pelmet as you can see the old border wallpaper and white wall through the screen slot from certain angles. I'm going to fill the screw heads and the join in the MDF on the front, but for the underneath I will just get some blackheaded screws which will allow me to remove it if necessary. The screws will be invisible against the dark chocolate colour I intend to paint the front wall and pelmet. As soon as I've got the coving put back up, we should be getting the plasterer in to skim the artex ceiling and one wall where we've taken out the old gas fire. I'll then be in danger of having to paint the room.:D The curtain material arrived, so the missus is going to get started on them (with full black out linings at my request!).

I've rethought the projector lift and taken an easier option; buying the matching bookcase for the rest of our furniture. There is a 20% off deal until the end of May (plus 4-5 weeks delivery) should give me enough time to get the room done and the floor laid before it arrives.:rolleyes: This will be placed at the back centre and the PJ will sit nicely on the top shelf, putting it almost exactly in the centre highwise and widthways to the screen. I just need to run the 10metre HDMI cable and the surround speaker cables behind the skirting/under the wood flooring.

Attached Files:

12. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,025
    Yesterday was a dusty, dirty job with a cold chisel. I chased out the wall behind the skirting boards for the four surround speaker cables and the HDMI cable. Going across the floor near the door was particularly hard going and nearly came to disaster as I found the old gas fire feed pipe passes at 90 deg to my cable gulley.:eek: Luckily I spotted the pipe before I punched a hole into it.:eek::eek:

More good luck saw me feed the back two surround speaker cables up the wall without chasing a channel: If you look at the picture that shows where I fed an old tape measure down the wall to the skirting board. It just happened that there were no 'dobs' of plasterboard adhesive in that vertical section. I then taped the cable to the tape measure and then pulled it back up the inside of the plasterboard...job done.:thumbsup: I used the tape measure trick to thread the last surround speaker cable along the wall above the pation door; at least it left me with less to patch up. I protected the cable by tucking cardboard in the holes before filling over the top incase the plaster somehow effects the cable coating.

I painted the pelmet recently, just a first coat to see how it will look. I painted driectly on the MDF without using a primer, but as the paint is matt anyway it doesn't look half bad...in fact it looks very matt. The dark colour works well to hide the top 'black' bar when watching 2.35:1 films as the screen is set for 2.35:1 size, pushing the bar off the top and bottom. I just need to paint the whole front wall so that the bottom black bar gets the same treatment as the currently light colour wall shows the bottom black bar as a faint 'grey' bar and detracts from the image.

Hopefully get hold of the plasterer soon to skim the ceiling and right hand wall (where the old fireplace was), then I'm in danger of having to paint the room and lay the new floor.;)

Attached Files:

13. Miniholic

Miniholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +399
    Hi Kelvin, nice to see some progress. I was beginning to think you were slacking.:devil:

How does the greywolf screen perform? I'm looking at getting a fixed screen for mine, and and was almost settled on a carada screen until I found the fixed greywolf for about half the price (I also considered Beamax, but would prefer a velvet border).

Do you have good light control? My main concern about the greywolf is the high gain as my room will have very little ambient light to contend with.

14. jagdeepp

jagdeepp
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +551
    Quick observations:

1 - Isn't the tape measure trick a waste of tape measure? :rotfl:

2 - Great job on the pelmet, very impressive indeed. I assume you used a circular saw to cut out your straight lines. Having done something similar (if not better :rotfl:) i now panic at the thought of the motor of the screen giving in because i've filled the screwheads with such precision i don't know where they are so if anything goes wrong with the screen out comes the chainsaw!!!!

3 - Isn't your MK speaker to high? Its not directional and it'll be difficult to propery hear any effects when its up that high.. As a surround i guess it should be ok though?

Great job and interesting project. You make it all look so easy. I was an absolute noob when i did mine but the results were and still are :smashin:
    Good luck on completing the rest of the project and do enjoy the fruit of your labour... or at least that part to the burglars god forbid :eek:

Ps - good job you are getting the ceiling plastered it looks horrible with that artex!

15. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,025
    Yes Miniholic I have been slacking.;) I've been too busy admiring your build (like your tiles BTW).:D

I'm happy with the Gray wolf screen now...I thought at first I needn't have got such a high gain screen, but at least I can watch during the day if I remove my ND4 filter and switch to 'Normal' mode. At night with resonable light control the screen is great, once my missus finshes the curtains the patio door will be covered so the ambient light from the conservatory will be reduced further. It is supposedly better at limiting the effect of light bouncing off the walls and ceiling as the glass beads make the gain dirrectional towards the PJ (or rather any soruce directly in line with the centre of the screen).

Jagdeep; I did wreck a tape measure to do this, by removing the right angled tip off the end, twas a cheap B&Q thingy so it was worth it...plus I did actually pull it out of the wall so I've got it for future jobs.;)

I've used black headed screws in the pelmet and countersunk them as neatly as possible. That way I could remove the bottom section if need be to reach the screen, which is lucky as I'm going to have to extend the IR sensor as it doesn't work very well through the 'window' I made.:rolleyes: I cut the slot using a handsaw and a jigsaw just to cut the semicircles at each end.

I put all the M&Ks at the same height as one of them goes above the patio door and only just fits...I couldn't put them any higher as the M&K bracket requires you to lower the speaker onto it from above. I'm used to having the side surrounds at this height soundwise, but having rear surrounds and all tripole at that, seems to work well. I expect the wood flooring will help the rears sound more difuse as well, but we'll definately need a big rug at the front otherwise it's going to sound like an old school hall.:eek: Yes that ceiling does look horrible...I did manage to get through to the plasterer's answer phone today so there could be some progress there soon.

Don't expect any progress now for a while as yesterday's work has agrivated my back injury from my ladder fall and my hand is sore from all the hammering with the chisel. The things we do in the name of DIY....We're already planing the next DIY jobs, before this one is done, one is the upstairs bathroom (remember that my downstairs loo/showeroom took nearly a year:eek:). We need a new front door before the winter too, my back breaking (well nearly) job on the porch has made the old door look even scruffier.:rolleyes: This will of course mean that the entrance hall will need redecorating afterwards.......

16. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,025
    Got a bit more done this week, mostly 'hidden' stuff chasing in cables. I can't beleive how many I deceided to install.:eek: Today saw a final tidy of the HDMI/ surround seaker cables where they exit the wall behind my equipment rack. I used a butchered twin light switch to make a plate with a hole big enough to pass the HDMI cable (with it's bulky ferrite core ) through. The other end of the HDMI cable went through a similar plate, so the cable has about 1.5 metres sticking out the wall ready to pass up the back of the new bookcase and into the back of the PJ.

I've started cable tying up the bunch of cables behind my equipment rack in an attempt to make it more managable. Still have to fill the walls a bit where I brought the left hand speaker cable down through behind the plasterboard and I need to fit a new telephone point (that open fronted box on the far left side)...maybe I might get a more stable BB connection as a side effect??

I've got the plasterer coming round this week to have a look at the job of skiming the ceiling and fireplace wall...I just hope it is a reasonable amount otherwise I'll be tiding up the wall with filler and the ceiling will just have to make do with repainting.

I collected and fitted the shower room mirror today, so two years after I started :eek::eek: I can finally say it is finished.:D

I'm going to order the wood flooring soon and the matching oak skirting, so that really will be the last stretch, but not before the painting and plastering of course. It really will be winter at this rate by the time it's done...I said I wanted it done by Easter (2007!!).:D

Attached Files:

17. sdb123

sdb123
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    Looking good. :thumbsup:

I'll be embarking on my own install in about 10 days time. :rolleyes: I'm getting some good ideas from here...keep it up!

Steve

EDIT: Quick question re: skirting boards...are you having new ones fitted or are you fitting the old ones back on?

I'm going to be removing the skirting boards in the room but knowing my 'iron fist in a velvet glove' approach to DIY I'll have to get new ones fitted afterwards!

18. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,025
    Thanks Steve, I'm going to fit new skirting boards (& architraves)...I usually end up doing this when I've done major redecoration. The trick to taking the old ones off is to lever them from one end rather than above (so you don't dent the wall with your pry bar).

BTW, these are the skirting boards I'm going to order:
    http://www.britishhardwoods.co.uk/mouldings/skirtings_architraves.html

I tested my PJ last night to make sure I hadn't damaged the HDMI cable or put it anywhere that might pick up interferance and it worked perfectly with a 1080p signal from my PC.:thumbsup: So I watched a bit of Glastonbury on BBC HD to relax after my 10:30pm finish after tidying the cables and filling the walls.:smashin:

19. sdb123

sdb123
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    Thanks for the clarification. Being a saddo (in my wife's eyes) I've been researching the best way of removing skirting boards then went out and bought a ply bar. :eek:

EDIT: Just been reading the link to the wooden skirting boards. I'm having flooring fitted soon and think that they could finish the job off with similar boards...hmmm.

20. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,025
    Finally got hold of the plasterer and boy, has the room come on suddenly. Hopefully get some paint on next weekend, then the flooring the next (if I get it ordered tomorrow that is....). I just need to do a small bit of filling here and there as it wasn't worth getting all the walls skimmed for the odd minor blemish. Can't wait to get the old (smelly!!) carpet up and out of the room after I've done the initial 50% diluted wash coat on the fresh plaster...might as well splater on the carpet rather than my good dust sheets.:D

The pictures show the fresh plastering and the rear of the room where the HDMI cable comes out of the wall, ready to pass up the back of the new bookcase (coming next Friday). I need to get another matching socket: I can't believe how many I've got through since my missus got a box of them at trade price in a previous job....have to pay retail now.:rolleyes: The wall above the patio door is ready for paint, showing where the K4 right surround will go.....note that no plaster got on the cable; he was a neat worker.:thumbsup:

We've had to move all the furniture out so the conservatory has 3 sofas in it ATM.:eek: I'm down to watching the 22" screen in this (now) cramped room, but I've put a pair of K4s on the surround channels, just until I can put them back up in the lounge....I'm now looking for another pair so I can keep them in 'screen 2'.:D Another couple of weeks of mess will be worth it for the enjoyment of the final job.

Turns out that the plasterer does patios as well, so we've got him booked to do that later this summer(?!), saving me a back breaking job.:smashin:

Hopefully I'll post the 'painted' pictures next week.:thumbsup:

Attached Files:

21. dbs2

dbs2
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +196
    Great Work.... I'm very impressed with your progress :thumbsup:

I like the brown colour you have chosen, and the use of the switch plates is a great idea :smashin:

After reading that you were to be putting down new flooring can i ask you, I had aq friend put down engineered oak flooring in our downstairs rooms about a year ago, and it sure does make a hell of a finish to the rooms, we also changed the skirts and architraives to square edge oak to match in with our furniture. one thing though, we kept the doorframe linings in white, which is a great contrast, our doors are also white, but am considering changing them to oak, but not too sure... What are you doing with your door linings and doors, have you got any plans for them ?? (sorry about rambling on :rolleyes: )

By the way your toilet is also a cracking job, the mirror has finished it off a treat, you sure are a lot better that the average DIYer :thumbsup:

22. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,025
    I'm keeping the door linings and architraives in white, but the downstairs doors (bar the shower room) are getting solid Oak doors with 3 vertical clear glass sections (I'll probably put frosting film on them). I collected them, over a period of time, from B&Q's 'managers' returns bin (as they were special order at £200 each normally:eek:) for approx £60 each.

I have to stop somewhere with the Oak trim though otherwise I'll end up doing the entrance hall and each room off it...I figure you can't have a white frame on side with an Oak one on the other. The contrast looks nice anyway and I did this on my stairs when I replaced the banister/sticks with wood and left the riser (?) painted white....Now who's rambling.:D I've got an excuse as I had a minor operation today and I'm sitting here looking like an extra from 'Saving Private Ryan' with a bandage round my head...the missus thinks I look more like Basil Fawlty in that Classic episode.:rotfl:

Thanks for your kind comments re the shower room BTW.:thumbsup:

23. dbs2

dbs2
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +196
    Keep us posted, Enjoying your thread........ 'BASIL' :D

24. miceri

miceri

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Good work on the screen pelmet.

I want eventually to have a fixed screen myself, in a dedicated room. But those sneaky screen hiding pelmets people keep DIYing just look so good!

25. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,025
    A bit of an update, while I'm waiting for the wood floor to be delivered today....floods allowing of course.:rolleyes:

I got the ceiling and walls painted over the last weekend and a few nights this week. That screen wall took a lot of patience cutting in, especially round the white window frame.:rolleyes: After a final clean up today the PVC came up like new.

I was going to stain the windowsill to match the flooring but, despite nearly removing the skin off my hands last weekend with all the sanding, the wood looks very patchy. If I put a varnish/stain over it I think it will look terrible, a coat of gloss white applied with a roller will have to suffice.

The picture of the rear surrounds was taken just to show how it will all look when finished...I deliberately cut off the unfinished bottoms of the walls. ;) It shows off the now smooth ceiling. I haven't ordered the Oak skirting as the supplier I was planing on using wanted nearly £70 inc VAT for delivery on a Saturday.:eek::eek: I have found another supplier in Sussex. I cover that area with work, so hopefully I'll be able to collect it myself. This will allow me to use 4 metre lengths as the maximum length they can deliver is 3 metres.

I had to modify the hole for the screen's sensor as it wasn't very well lined up and I couldn't control the screen to stop at the right place for 2.35:1 format. I used a hole cutter and put a small piece of speaker fabric behind the hole, it now works from almost anywhere in the room.:thumbsup: I couldn't resist a photo with the screen down with it's new dark wall surround. The apparent contrast between the wall and screen will help the picture quality.:thumbsup:

The bookcase (AKA "projector stand") turned up last week, good to have it, but it was 2 weeks early and something else to squeeze into our dinning room. I will have to cut a 3" hole in the back for the HDMI cable to pass through and to allow a bit of cool air to get into the rear vent. Luckily the hot vent is on the front of the PJ.

Just had a call from the floor delivery driver, he has been turned round due to the floods, but is coming another way round. Hopefully be here soon.:thumbsup: I might get some of the floor down tonight...more pictures to follow.:thumbsup:

Attached Files:

26. dbs2

dbs2
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +196
    Looking Great Kelvin :thumbsup:

I Think the white sill will go well anyway ...... :smashin:

Keep the updates coming !!!

27. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,025
    After a busy weekend the floor is now down and most of the furniture is back in the room. It was very hard to get the flooring to 'click' into itself, maybe because it is real wood rather than the MDF base of laminate floors that I've laid before? Today my legs ache with having to 'stamp' up and down the room to get it to click in.:eek:Now it is down, you really can't tell it isn't solid Oak; the oiled finsh and the bevelled edges really make it IMHO.

I just need to get the Oak skirting ordered, put up some architrave and the curtain poles. I haven't wired in my AV equipment or refitted the TV, but I couldn't resist trying out the PJ with the now darkened screen wall....the apparent contrast has improved further, but I have no sound yet so I watched a bit of Casino Royale in silence last night.:thumbsup: The PJ is now dead centre in line with the screen, so both the lens shift dials are now at their centre detent positions...That bookcase was a good idea.:smashin:

Once I've finished glossing the window sill then I can refit the TV. It does actually look quite nice in white (primer ATM). Luckily the bottom border of the screen just drops down enough to cover the bright white edge of the sill. I'm using water based gloss so it won't smell too much, but I hope it is more durable than the water based satin I used a few years ago.:(

Attached Files:

28. dbs2

dbs2
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +196
    The floor looks :thumbsup: great !!

What are you doin with the light dangling infront of the screen ??

29. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,025
    Both pendant light fittings will be changed, once we get out to the shops, plus we need a big rug to soak up the echoes a bit. The light doesn't get in the way of the screen BTW, it's just the angle I took the picture from I guess.

30. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,025
    We got the curtains sorted out and I've reinstalled all my equipment. The curtains have blackout linings and certainly do their job. We actually sat and watched 'The Departed' on Saturday night on the PJ. Trouble was we were both so tired after all this DIY, that I couldn't really tell you what the film was about:D

I got some pendant light fittings that don't hang too low so as to 'shadow puppet' the screen and the essential rug to soak up some the echoes. The room is definatley more lively sounding than before, but the rug and curtains tame it pretty well. Just got to fit the new Oak door, but as it is really heavy I think it can wait a while until I get my strength back:D I'm worn out from tidying all my tools away and putting everything back where it belongs. Nearly every other room in the house was messed up with having to relocate the living room furniture, TV, etc, so it's great to have that space back again. In fact it is the first time in six years of living in this house that the whole place is clean and tidy with no on going DIY mess....for now anyway.;)

I might even be able to make use of some of my 'boys toys' such as my guitar...must get my old Stratocaster refinshed as it's wood finish will go with the new colour scheme better.:D If I get a few other less major DIY jobs done this autumn/winter, I might even get round to working on my other hobby; restoring my 1979 RS2000 custom.:thumbsup: In the meantime I'm just enjoying '5 minutes gloat time' (as an old boss of mine used to say) and the weather is now so nice, it's a shame to be indoors in a darkened room anyway.

I'll get some pictures of the finished room with the screen down in action soon, in the meantime thanks for looking.:hiya:

Attached Files: