Answered KEFF Q500 bi wiring or single wiring

darren68uk

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all :)
will be fitting my Q500's this week, using them in a 5.1.2 setup, in LCR with a Q200C, with Keff eggs as surrounds and KEf T101's as atmos, and a Denon X4200 AVR will mainly being used as ahome cinema so not much music being played in stereo etc,

just wondering on if its worth Bi wiring them, and would I need to do the 200C as well

I don't have the facility to Bi amp (as in only the one available) so not an option att

also if its worth bi wiring them, is it easy to make up leads or better to by them ?

I currently have Van Damme Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 2.5 mm would this do or would I need something better ?

Bi wiring gives you... nothing. More wires, but not better sound quality.
Your cables are OK.

thanks for that, I had done a bit of research previously, which seemed to suggest even bi amping gives you limited increase in quality etc, but not an option for me anyway,

thanks again, saves me buying more cable :cool:

Agreed! It's arguable if bi amping gives you anything unless you have two amps and even then, the crossover in the speaker is designed to do its job, too.
#MinimalGainsAtBest

After having these speakers and running extensive (blind) tests I found bi wiring improved things dramatically. I put it down to the use of the screws at the back for changing from single to bi wiring, compared with the usual method.
Even single wiring to each speaker, then using some wire from one rear terminal to the other (setting the knobs to biwire and bypassing the rear connection unit) makes a real difference with these speakers.
Before discarding the idea, try and borrow some extra cable and have a listen for yourself.

After having these speakers and running extensive (blind) tests I found bi wiring improved things dramatically. I put it down to the use of the screws at the back for changing from single to bi wiring, compared with the usual method.
Even single wiring to each speaker, then using some wire from one rear terminal to the other (setting the knobs to biwire and bypassing the rear connection unit) makes a real difference with these speakers.
Before discarding the idea, try and borrow some extra cable and have a listen for yourself.

Currently I have eggs on stands so there may well be enough cable to try it

Certainly no harm trying as since posting I have a bigger tv stand so now also considering bi amping as might have £200-300 spare for a power amp new or 2nd hand if I can find any
Been Loki g at a rotel 1075! I think it was but not sure there's many around or maybe a denon to compliment the x4200

out of interest how would these compare to using my own wire, its the same cable i have, and to be honest, for the sake of getting some decent spade terminals etc, id be happy paying £10 for these if they worked better than the internal connections on the Q500

NEW VAN DAMME Professional Blue Series SPEAKER JUMPER CABLES x 4 (A Pair)

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
out of interest how would these compare to using my own wire, its the same cable i have, and to be honest, for the sake of getting some decent spade terminals etc, id be happy paying £10 for these if they worked better than the internal connections on the Q500

NEW VAN DAMME Professional Blue Series SPEAKER JUMPER CABLES x 4 (A Pair)
They won't sound any different in a blind test.

You may think they sound better if they make you happy.
Thats psychoacoustics for you and it can affect us all.;)

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
They won't sound any different in a blind test.

You may think they sound better if they make you happy.
Thats psychoacoustics for you and it can affect us all.;)

lol fortunately I have a other half thats hell bend on me not spending money on needless products, hence was difficult enough getting the Q500's, i wont be doing anything until i have heard thtm sing 1st connected as standard, just cheking out my options should they not sound as i would like,
be nice to think spending that kind of money on a pair of speakers(enough in my world) would yeld the required results :cool:

Agreed, the most important thing is the Speakers and room interaction.

I think you will be very happy with your speaker choice and you have the option of room EQ with your receiver if required.

Things like cables will have tiny effects on sound, if any.

Agreed, the most important thing is the Speakers and room interaction.

I think you will be very happy with your speaker choice and you have the option of room EQ with your receiver if required.

Things like cables will have tiny effects on sound, if any.

Thanks that all makes me feel better
And my Q200c has just arrived so looking forward to setting it all up next week

if you are referring to the audyssey XT setup then yes I will be using that , it did a marvellous job initially And have researched on here about my crossovers etc so all good to go

I would be grateful if you could please explain this further pistolpete as I am struggling with a similar issue
Thanks in advance

I would be grateful if you could please explain this further pistolpete as I am struggling with a similar issue
Thanks in advance
What dio you need to know? Happy to answer any questions on this topic.

I have tried to send you a PM but it says your mailbox is full!
Space available now...sorry I didn't realise it was full.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom