1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keff 5002 Setting Up???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by viper2011, Jan 8, 2004.

1. viper2011

viper2011

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Iv'e on the first level of upgrading my system at home, the usuall Telly amp speakers, this is my old setup:

Yamaha RXV395 amp (cheap at richersound 2yrs old)
    Yamaha NS200 fronts (cost a lot at richersound 2yrs old)
    Eltax center and rears (cheap at you know where 2yrs old)

NO SUB!!!! (I think a decent sub might have sorted me)

Upgrade 1: Speakers- After much reading and Testing in demo rooms i decided on the Kef 2005.2 (Cheap off ebay £600) Very nice and a definate improvement over my old setup straight away. I was a bit worried about a few comments made about the Music capability of the Keff's and put on a music DVD this one had a 5.1 soundtrack and sounded excellent on my old setup, sounded awfull with the kefs, voices sounded like they had echo, bass was really wooly and it just didn't sound right.

So Question: How can i setup my speakers/Amp to sound nice and sweet like it should when it's an old amp (5.1 Dolby) and i don't think it has this MCACC automatic setup thing (and if it does i didn't bloody know about it HELP!!!) Or go buy an SPL meter and come back here to ask how to use the bloody thing....:p :p :p

Cheers everyone
    :confused: :confused: :confused: