1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keff 2005 Set Up

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by CVT, Dec 24, 2002.

1. CVT

CVT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Merry Christmas Folks,

Just treated myself to an early pressie. The Keff 2005 eggs with the 250w sub. Trouble is I can't understand the instructions for setting the sub up & all the connections on the back are confusing. Do I connect the speakers through the sub or my amp ? What port do I connect the l sub lead into from the amp ??

I have a Denon 1602 amp.

Any help would be appreciated.

CVT

2. Ryan

Ryan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok,

I was using these with a 3802 although i've changed the sub, the setup is the same.

connect the sub to the amp via the low-level phono. Connect the speakers to the amp via the speaker connections.
    In the amps menu, set the speakers to small and set the cutoff frequency on the sub (use 100hz or 80hz). On the sub ,turn the frequency cutoff to 120Hz (so effectively the amp is cutting the frequency)

Now the hard part starts. You'll have to get the level of the sub set so it doesn't start booming. It varies depending on the size and type of room so you'll need to experiment.

And that's it.