1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KEF2005 (eggs?)- general advice required

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by hb1966, Apr 10, 2003.

1. hb1966

hb1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just upgraded my amp to a Sony 1080 and the DVD player is a Sony 725. I've been looking at speakers and I've come across the KEF 2005's which are of interest.

The 'viewing room' is 5.4x3.2m and the screen will be on the 5.4m wall and couch along the other 5.4m wall.

Just wondering if this is a suitable room size for the Kefs?

What is the sound like from the speakers when listening to normal 2 channel audio CD's and radio? Do they have the bass, or do you need to put the amp in some mode whereby the subwoofer is used?

How do people mount the speakers? Ive been told there are stands but they are silly money, so I presume most attach to the wall?

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the Eggs perform better in AV than in stereo. IMO

Also I would look around for another subwoofer (the Kef sub is nothing brilliant)

The Kef stands are £80 - rip off!

A pair of standmounts plus a little subwoofer will perform better in stereo. (and another three similar speakers for centre/rears)

3. wookie

wookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The KHT2005.2 is due soon and has a far far better sub.
    The sats also now use Kef's Q series aluminium tweeters for a better sound in 2 channel & multi.