1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KEF

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Vis Man, May 31, 2001.

1. Vis Man

Vis Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thinking of buying the KEF HT2005 speaker package has anyone heard these working or would i be better looking at the Bose system.
    My wife is fed up of looking at my Jamo 200 centre speaker (nearly as big as the tv) :cool:

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've heard a work out of these speakers at a local AV Store, and they sound fantastic. The contruction of the satelite is very solid while the Sub. gives great deep bass. I they sound much more better then the Bose system!

3. mikeaitch

mikeaitch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Once you've heard them side by side,this is a no brainer! The Kefs outperform the Bose system in every dept except size, with a decent subwoofer to boot. They're also much better built and are far more likely to stand any future upgrades you may have in mind. Bear in mind that Bose have their own particular way of doing things and they are very small, but having heard both, sound per pound for the kef system is very high in comparison, Ps, brownie points v high for both also! :D ;)

4. johnson

johnson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have the KEF's.I am very pleased with them.Perfect for the living room (limited space).
    Sound good with music,movies and sacd.

5. Vis Man

Vis Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Cheers all for the info KEF are the ones for me. Is £800 the going price or will i get them cheaper

6. johnson

johnson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I paid 640 plus 10 pound delivery.superfi

7. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,796
    You might find a discount getting a bit harder.
    Since all the favourable reviews this month they are apparently on about a 4 week lead time, unless you can find someone with stock.
    Of course this might have been the salesman feeding me a story.
    Anyway, I bought a pair today, together with an Onkyo receiver and managed to get £75 off at Sevenoaks.
    I knew I could get them a bit cheaper on-line or mail order, but I was in the shop, they had stock and they were local in case there is any problem.

8. Ewok

Ewok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    kef HT2005 or Mission FS2-AV?

I am looking at some sort of 5.1 setup, I have heard these KEF's are very good, I also hear the missions are very good. which is best? Or is there another sub £750 alternative which is better?

9. ROGER THE LODGER

ROGER THE LODGER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Dear Ewok,
    This is something only you can decide upon,with your ears as the judge.I heard both at this years Bristol Show,and if asked would say that the Kef system has the edge,the sub in particular.The mission's ace is its flexibility in possitioning and even Mission are the first to admit you can find better sound for the same outlay.
    I installed the fs2 system a few months ago for my brother-in-law and his wife is over the moon (she hates big black boxes).It sounds just right for him too.
    HCC next month are having a Sub-satalite supertest! so maybe some useful advice there.

Whilst on the subject,can the two Kef packages be combined to make a 7.1 system with two subs?
    Any comments greatfully received.

Regards Roger the Dodger.