KEF XQ60b, any reviews/comments

fayeanddavid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This does look the business as a fine piece of furniture, specs also down to 26Hz, 300mm driver and 200w!
Anybody have any experience of this piece of kit, priced around £750, does it cut the mustard in terms of music and movies?

Anybody, somebody..................???

This does look the business as a fine piece of furniture, specs also down to 26Hz, 300mm driver and 200w!
Anybody have any experience of this piece of kit, priced around £750, does it cut the mustard in terms of music and movies?

Yeah it looks nice.

It can be beaten in every respect for over £400 less; but then you have already been told.

If you like it; just buy it.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/hi-fi-and-av-speakers/kef-xq-series-635421/review

Last edited:
Roaduck..................take it easy, just a question!!

Thanks for the comments though.

Haha! No problem fayeanddavid and Thank You.

You asked experienced audiophiles for their advice and they gave you the benefit of their knowledge; of course then you have to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Good luck with finally getting your ideal bassmeister.

Haha! No problem fayeanddavid and Thank You.

You asked experienced audiophiles for their advice and they gave you the benefit of their knowledge; of course then you have to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Good luck with finally getting your ideal bassmeister.

It is a bit of a minefield balancing budget against quality!!

Seems to me that it's BK at the value end and probably M&K at the esoteric end, along with SVS and ..............??

BK XXLS 400 and the MOnolith + do seem the way, do you know if they have listening facilities at their set up....................I can call, just thought I would ask?

And anyway...................how much does one spend on a sub anyway?

It is a bit of a minefield balancing budget against quality!!

Seems to me that it's BK at the value end and probably M&K at the esoteric end, along with SVS and ..............??

BK XXLS 400 and the MOnolith + do seem the way, do you know if they have listening facilities at their set up....................I can call, just thought I would ask?

And anyway...................how much does one spend on a sub anyway?

Yes it certainly is a quagmire juggling the various attributes against cost fayeanddavid.

For 90% of the performance of the Monolith and a superb reproduction of music the BK XXLS 400 is amazing full-stop; not just for the money.

The SVS are expensive and great with films but have to be well calibrated and the M&K are musical but dear and their woofers can bottom out and crack with certain Low Frequency Effects in movies.

I'm sure you could evaluate the big BK subs in Southend-On-Sea, Essex.

If you're in Kent you could probably get there and back in half a day.If you were to pick one up there it would save you £25-£30 in carriage which could go towards travel costs.

Just give 'em a bell (01702 527572) to arrange a factory tour and audition.

There are a lot of happy bunnies on here because of BK as not everyone can afford a big American sub or a top European model for example.

Best of luck anyway and please do let us know what you eventually decide upon and the resultant installation.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks Roaduck, as informative as ever!

I'll plan a visit and providing the promise of work comes up I shall then make a "considered" purchase, seems BK is the way forward so I'll take a listen

Thanks again

Thanks Roaduck, as informative as ever!

I'll plan a visit and providing the promise of work comes up I shall then make a "considered" purchase, seems BK is the way forward so I'll take a listen

Thanks again

Thank you both fayeanddavid and I'm sorry if I appeared to be abrupt earlier; rough night!

Go on risk it for a biscuit - it'll be informative I'm sure and be glad you're not driving from Manchester to Essex to listen to a loudspeaker! You can't knock something until you try it as they say.

The ideal solution of course, would be to find a basshead near you on here with one of the proposed BK's.Just bring CD's and a Chardonnay!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom