1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KEF XQ5 speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Rip, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Rip

Rip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have a pair of B&W DM604's for left/right, would the KEF QX5's be a upgrade from the B&W's, if so, buy how much ?. My B&W's are about 4/5 years old now.

2. Wannabe-THX

Wannabe-THX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Try and get a home demo with the rest of your kit and make your mind up after that.

Fish

3. Rip

Rip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The chance of me being able to get a demo at home of these speakers will be virtually nile :(

4. superpixel

superpixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've heard the XQ5's for a brief period only, but they were an absolute joy to listen to. Finally - a speaker with transparency, air and detail that can rock 'n roll with gusto and dynamics too (and at hefty volumes too....).

I'm quite sure you'd find them a stepup in the resolution stakes - but as you know, that alone does not maketh a loudspeaker.

A quick demo at a dealer will be enough to tell you the difference. I'd say at that price though, a home demo should be offered to be honest, and other alternatives considered: if the Kef's dont suit, you should find a pair that do - although those B&Ws have presence and generosity aplenty, so be careful when upgrading what ain't broken...

5. Rip

Rip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    superpixel, they are indeed wise words you speak, I shall heed your advise as i go forth into the wilderness of the av dealers, & i shall say unto the dealers..........demo me some of your QX5's :thumbsup:

6. Mell0

Mell0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya lads & lasses

I would like some advice on a home entertainment system to be used for both music and cinema. I have come up with the following system and would like some feed back on weather this is a good choice or not or if u have some other recommendations. From what I have read it seems have had some good reviews.

Amp – Denon AV2105

Speakers – KEF Q series

Front – Q5
    Centre – Q9
    Rear – Q1

Sub – PSW3000