KEF XQ5 speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Rip, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Rip

Rip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    I have a pair of B&W DM604's for left/right, would the KEF QX5's be a upgrade from the B&W's, if so, buy how much ?. My B&W's are about 4/5 years old now.

2. Wannabe-THX

Wannabe-THX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Try and get a home demo with the rest of your kit and make your mind up after that.

Fish

3. Rip

Rip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    The chance of me being able to get a demo at home of these speakers will be virtually nile :(

4. superpixel

superpixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've heard the XQ5's for a brief period only, but they were an absolute joy to listen to. Finally - a speaker with transparency, air and detail that can rock 'n roll with gusto and dynamics too (and at hefty volumes too....).

I'm quite sure you'd find them a stepup in the resolution stakes - but as you know, that alone does not maketh a loudspeaker.

A quick demo at a dealer will be enough to tell you the difference. I'd say at that price though, a home demo should be offered to be honest, and other alternatives considered: if the Kef's dont suit, you should find a pair that do - although those B&Ws have presence and generosity aplenty, so be careful when upgrading what ain't broken...

5. Rip

Rip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    superpixel, they are indeed wise words you speak, I shall heed your advise as i go forth into the wilderness of the av dealers, & i shall say unto the dealers..........demo me some of your QX5's :thumbsup:

6. Mell0

Mell0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya lads & lasses

I would like some advice on a home entertainment system to be used for both music and cinema. I have come up with the following system and would like some feed back on weather this is a good choice or not or if u have some other recommendations. From what I have read it seems have had some good reviews.

Amp – Denon AV2105

Speakers – KEF Q series

Front – Q5
    Centre – Q9
    Rear – Q1

Sub – PSW3000