1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kef XQ sriese

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by steve k, Mar 5, 2003.

1. steve k

steve k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Has anyone heard these speaker and what do you think, i heard them at the Bristol show they where teamed up with the Pioneer VSA- AX10i, I thought they sounded great.

2. Yummy Fur

Yummy Fur

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I heard these very briefly at last September's Heathrow Hi-Fi show. I had to leave the room very quickly as they sounded so harsh--something was very wrong :thumbsdow, whatever the problem, I suspect it may have something other than the speakers- having owned a number of Kef speakers in recent years. In the April edition of Hi-Fi World, the XQ1 gets a very good review and in the April edition of Hi-Fi News, the XQ5 also gets a good review. I'll have to arrange another audition of this series of speakers soon....

Yummy Fur

3. GaryG

GaryG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I heard them at the Bristol show and couldn't wait to get out of the demo. Compared to the Reference range being used in the Pioneer and Denon suites they were pretty awful, not worth the extra over the Q range IMO.

EDIT
    Steve

Just a thought, but if you were seriously thinking of spending the asking price of the XQ5 you might want to consider paying the little extra for this
    http://209.167.103.167/kefref42.htm
    if you can accomodate the extra size the difference in sound quality is astounding:eek: (they do need some decent amplification to get the best out of them though).