KEF X300A or (KEF R100 + Denon PMA50 combo)?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by reachpattabi, Mar 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. reachpattabi

reachpattabi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a good hi-fi setup for my desktop. Since, I do not have space for floor standers, I'm sticking with bookshelf speakers. The two models I've shortlisted are

1. KEF X300A - It is an all in one integrated hi-fi system with a class AB amplifier(50 watt for woofer & 20 watt for tweeter) and a DAC in each speaker. Very Minimalistic setup.

2. KEF R100 + Denon PMA 50 combo - This setup is more traditional.

Which of the above two setups should sound better? I'm a more a fan of HF and Mid Range than of Low frequencies.... I want the setup to be accurate or sharp sounding in HF and MF. But at the same time, bass should not be compromised....

Price difference between the two in my country is not really high.... So please suggest me which of the above two options should I stick to? I'm really confused.

2. Goosebumps

Goosebumps
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Well, I can only say that I went for the X300A but then with subwoofer output and Dirac Live room correction software for a very minimalistic 2.1 active system, I love it.

X300A with sub out
    Dirac Live room correction software

As a source I use a Guleek i8 W10 minipc with Logitech wireless keyboard.