Kef THX

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Dangerous, Feb 15, 2001.

1. Dangerous

Dangerous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone have a set of Kef THX tdm(c/f/ds) with sub and would like write a quick review as I am thinking of upgrading.

2. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,314
  3. titan

titan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As an owner of these very speakers all i can say is stunning! the level of detail they can extract from a movie source is amasing. the sound stage truly does seem to recede from them its not like listening to speakers at all everything is just there. and they are great for music as well but you must listen with the sub as they only go to 70hz so not a lot of low end thump witghout it. i believe that the use of the two 4inch midranges in stead of the three virtical tweeter arangement is a key to there sound quality. a word of warning though when you go to pick them up, park close and take some mates because they are exeedingly heavy even the rearchannels are quite a load.
    ps. be aware that they should be partnered with high quality power amps the 4ohm load can present a problem for some intergrated amps. anything thx ultra certified would do.