Kef The New LS50 Collection & Owners Thread

Fergal82

Distinguished Member
9BB9FC0C-9FB0-4725-AEF2-11266DD0ABF1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Fergal82

Distinguished Member
Great timing, was thinking about going back to a pair of Ls50’s to try with my newish amp. Had them before with a denon avr and definitely didn’t do them justice!

Spick72

I had spotted the previous models reduced to £649 so guessed there might be a new version due. I believe review samples are with some people already. I hope the reviews and launch come soon as I was thinking of picking up the old ones at the new price but would kick myself if the new ones were way better

Toon Army

Negative for me is that whilst you can go wireless, it's only at 24bit/96kHz. Price £2250 and available from November.

Spick72

Good review on What HiFi but I always add a big pinch of salt to their articles. Let’s hope more reviews will go live today now the embargo is lifted. I can see some charcoal grey ones slipping into my trolley on payday if the reviews are good and I can bag a listen

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
For those local enough, I can confirm that we will have the new Kef LS50 Meta on demonstration once our showrooms are reopened again to the public :)

DrH

Kef just keep researching which is very positive. The meta “thing” looks intriguing and shows that there is always room for improvements. It also shows that the LS50 will be a continuous model

Spick72

Steve Gutenberg review now up. “If the Meta is a 10 the original is a 6.5” and “this is a breakthrough product, outstanding “

wow

Spick72

For those local enough, I can confirm that we will have the new Kef LS50 Meta on demonstration once our showrooms are reopened again to the public :)

I asked Kef directly if they would be selling single ones so I could get 3 (one as a home theatre centre) and they said no but some retailers might. Is this something AV Online would consider?

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
I asked Kef directly if they would be selling single ones so I could get 3 (one as a home theatre centre) and they said no but some retailers might. Is this something AV Online would consider?
I very much doubt we would offer speakers this way as they are boxed together

davisa

That’s a bit daft of them (KEF that is, not the dealers). I and many others have three KS50s at the front for music/AV duties. I won’t be upgrading only two!

Spick72

That’s a bit daft of them (KEF that is, not the dealers). I and many others have three KS50s at the front for music/AV duties. I won’t be upgrading only two!

Anyone fancy going halves on a pair? Seems like the only way

davisa

Adam72

I am not sure if I am having a thick moment but I can’t see anything on their website? Tbf it’s not the easiest site to navigate
Click on menu, then use the search ootion. Type KEF ls50 and it should come up. If not call them tomorrow.

DrH

Fergal82

Distinguished Member
I would always purchase from a HiFi dealer or direct from Kef rather than Amazon, just my opinion.
Absolutely, but if you were desperate to get your hands on some then amazon isn’t a bad route to take

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Cabasse launches limited edition Pearl Pelegrina speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 22nd September 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Creative introduces Sound Blaster Katana V2 soundbar
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audeze introduces reference LCD-5 planar magnetic headphones