1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KEF TDM THX Ultra VS Teufel Theater 8 THX Ultra 2

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by frankegiani, Feb 4, 2003.

1. frankegiani

frankegiani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear Hometheatre-friends,

I have a question:
    I have just bought the Denon AVC-AC 11SR and the DVD 3800. Now I am looking for a THX EX configuration. I have read many magazines and in the German magazines the new Teufel THX Ultra2 system Theater 8 had very good reviews. I am also considering the KEF TDM THX ultra system (although it´s a couple of months old, I heards that it still good matches with THX Ultra amplifiers?!). Both of the systems in EX configuration, so with four dipoles. I think it´s strange that KEF TDM series has good reviews in the English magazines and that I read nothing about Teufel: in the German magazines not a word about KEF TDM and all of them about Teufel. Could you please give me some advice?

Thanks in advance,

Frankegiani

2. uncle eric

uncle eric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have heard both and the Teufel system is on another level.

3. frankegiani

frankegiani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could you please tell me something more about your experiences in your test? Which do you recommend, ´another level´, you mean the Teufel is on a higher level? Has it been tested on Denon amplifier? Has it been tested on a THX Ultra or Ultra 2 amplifier? Hope to hear from you soon,
    Thanks in advance!

4. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, The KEF speakers were demo'd on the first floor and the Teufels were demo'd on the second floor.

I'll get my coat................. :)

5. EvilMudge

EvilMudge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Phil,
    you have a PM mate.

Frank,
    I think Eric is trying to say that the Teufel (being THX Ultra 2 approved) is superior to the admitedly now quite old KEF THX range.