Kef TDM THX & surround sound

DW post SLB

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am very new to home cinema and especially speaker set up.

I recently purchased a set of Kef TDMs, ie
2 x TDM 23F
1 x TDM 23C
2 x TDM 34DS ( used as left and right surround)
2 x TDM 65DS (used as rear surround)

Whilst I am very happy with the majority of the speakers, I am having an issue with the 65DS, which are being used as Rear Surrounds... I just dont hear anything from either of them irrespective of the sound mode I try on the AV receiver(Yamaha RX-A2070)
However when I switch to “Party mode” on the receiver they come to life!
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks..

Might be wrong but I thought in a 7.1 setup your side surrounds should be dipoles but your rear surrounds should be normal.

Are you playing 7.1 discs? Even then there may be very little activity on those channels, perhaps you're just missing it. Party mode will probably activate all speakers for all channel stereo. Check your onscreen infirmation for active speakers, I've got a Denon so can't help with how to check on a Yamaha.

I’m sure like with my Denon that you need to configure your speaker setup in the amp before it works properly. In the Denon you need to go into the manual speaker setup mode and assign your rear surround channels either Zone 2, Atmos or Rear Surround (7.1).

Check and see if you have done this and then set your surround mode to DTS Neural X or what ever Yamaha call it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom