KEF TDM 45B thx subwoofer upgrade kit ?

J

joseph

Hi saw the above item on e bay it looks comman sense,why do not all subwoofer manafactures do the same and split the amp module from the driver?

Please be aware that KEF Audio (UK) Limited does not endorse or condone the product that you are selling on EBAY.

Please also take this as formal notification that KEF will not accept any responsibility for personal injury, damage or voided warranty as a result of this modification.

What makes you think the supplier reads these threads ?

Hi

Digging up old news here but where did you find the UpGrade Kit pls?
Do you have a still active web address? And Did anyone find a solution to the sub going to sleep due to low volume output?

Rgds

CH

Hi again I will sort out the diagrams for you this week and e mail you them, please send me your e mail address,i made the upgrade soloution as i thought it was commen sense to seperate the amp from the driver, while i was doing some decorating at home i moved my tv onto the top of the sub,as i used a projector with my system i never had the tv on when i was using the sub ,but one day i had the tv on and it shook it to death ,everytime the sub got really low the picture broke up and in the end it killed the line output stage of my tv,due to the line output transformer getting dry joints the sub had shaken it to death.
So i fixed the tv and thought it can not be doing the electronics in the amp much good ,then the amp died and i thought i would design something to cure the problem.
I made my self one and a friend and i even advertised them on e bay,but i got a nasty email from kef saying that to make sure i made it clear that the upgrade was nothing to do with kef and the name Kef was not allowed to be used in the advert (i had asked one of their engineers a lot of questions when i made the first one and i had to remove that from the item i was selling on ebay, i will send you some pictures of it, all parts can be bought from maplins.graham

Hi Graham

Thanks again. That would be great. I would be really interested in your idea. I hear filling the remaining space in the sub really improves dynamics too... now that would be something special.

I'll pm you my address.

Regards

CH

Cool-hand said:
Hi Graham

Thanks again. That would be great. I would be really interested in your idea. I hear filling the remaining space in the sub really improves dynamics too... now that would be something special.

I'll pm you my address.

Regards

CH

did anything come of this?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom