Kef T301 to add to Kef 3005SE

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by tintin jones, Aug 28, 2013.

1. tintin jones

tintin jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    Folks,

Looking for opinions on the Kef T301 floorstanders. I am thinking of adding a pair of them to my 3005SE 5.1 system to make it 7.1. (use my current front eggs as rear speakers)

I have always heard you should try keep the same make for centre and fronts so have been looking at kef T series. Any other recommendations or comments on the T301? :lease:

Is it just me or are Kef no longer the force they were in the speaker world? When i bought the 3005SE its was Kef and JBL that were all the rage (at least here in Ireland).

2. hifix

hifix
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,427
    I would look at the Q500's if you can squeeze them in - do they have to be as discreet as possible?

Just you :)

In the past 3-4 years, KEF have improved greatly, producing a wider range of speakers to suit more people, and one of the most popular speaker ranges around at the moment - the R Series. With the production of the Concept Blade, they've produced one of the best sounding speakers available, and trickled that tech down to their other ranges.

3. tintin jones

tintin jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    Ah i wasnt sure about the Q500's are they a big improvement on the T series? No i dont have to be discreet really as its a dedicated cinema room (ie. the man cave)
    I've been out of the speaker game for a few years so obviously i'm a little out of touch ha.

4. hifix

hifix
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,427
    I'd rather blend in a pair of Q500's rather than a pair of 301's. I think they'll suit the system better, and they'll certainly be better for music too.

5. tintin jones

tintin jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    Just reading about the Q700 they sound amazing and would go nicely with my Onkyo 818 i reckon. I dont think i'll be getting these for a few months though but the research starts now ha.

Would you recommend a new centre speaker aswell or is the centre on the 3005SE good enough?

Cheers for the replies