Kef T301 (LCR) or Klipsch (240d L/R and 640D for Centre)

kitp

Hi, looking for advice on flat on wall speakers.

Looking into the front three as these are most important.

On a budget and have to be slim and wall mounted because of the cabinet around the TV. Space is thus limited.

I am considering two options at present (space and budget wise):
1. Kef T301 for all three speakers (LCR)
2. Klipsch RP-640D for centre with RP-240D for L and R channels

Will then have about £300 - £400 to spend on the subwoofer (thinking BK gemini 2 or similar).

Room is 4m wide with seating position 2.5m from TV wall. TV 75" QLED.

Opinions please (especially if you have a similar set up in place already)

thanks

Last edited:

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
Out of the two speakers, the Kef's will rely on the woofer to deliver most of its sound. But as you are looking at a woofer with a high level input, it doesn't really matter as the LFE will work for surrounds and if you wish to fine tune the stereo side with the high level cable, then you will be creating a much larger sounding speaker than what you are looking at as that's how the high level system works by partnering the woofer and main speakers together. Rel have many videos about the if you wish to understand it more

Looks wise, I feel the Kef's have that something extra over the Klipsch, but its not me buying them or living with them and at that point, you should purchase the ones you like to look of best and the ones that best suit the room to as you will be looking at them every time you watch TV

kitp

Out of the two speakers, the Kef's will rely on the woofer to deliver most of its sound. But as you are looking at a woofer with a high level input, it doesn't really matter as the LFE will work for surrounds and if you wish to fine tune the stereo side with the high level cable, then you will be creating a much larger sounding speaker than what you are looking at as that's how the high level system works by partnering the woofer and main speakers together. Rel have many videos about the if you wish to understand it more

Looks wise, I feel the Kef's have that something extra over the Klipsch, but its not me buying them or living with them and at that point, you should purchase the ones you like to look of best and the ones that best suit the room to as you will be looking at them every time you watch TV
Hi, thanks for advice. I also like the look of the Kefs over the klipsch. Do you think there would be any issue with crossover frequency with the kef over the klipsch speakers?

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
Not if you are looking to use the type of woofer mentioned, you can simply increase the crossover frequency on the woofer to compensate meaning it will be fine regardless of which speakers you use

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom