Kef sub???

spudgun1981

Standard Member
in the last few months, i am builing a 5.1 system. I have got a onkyo 607 amp, with kef iq5se's, and iq10's and a centre. I am now ready to purchace the sub. Looking at things i have come down to either the kef kube 2 or the kef htb2 (pebel). Could someone please help! And advise me, i would be very greatful.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Any particular reason why you are going for a Kef sub?
You will be able to buy a much better sub imho for the money by going for a different make. There is no need to stick to the same manufacturer with subs so can pick any make (no tonal qualities).
Makes to look at would be BK (XLS400 maybe) but can also look at REL. Also maybe be able to save a little money by looking at the Warfdale subs (250) as these are being sold at reasonable prices at the moment.

yelnek

Novice Member
H have kef speakers and the rel subs are definitely better imo than the kef sub. I heard them back to back and there was a big difference

spudgun1981

Standard Member
thanks for that i will look. i can get the htb2 (in silver though) from a local stockist for under £200.
that was the reaon for that one.

yelnek

Novice Member
Good price m8 but I think you should audition the REL's first if at all possible.
Everyone is different tho, if your happy then thats the one to get.

indiejones

Novice Member
I've just recently installed a Kef 2005.3 system for someone which as part of the package uses the Kube 2 and all I can say is it's just ok but lb for £ I would go with the BK subs

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom