1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kef sub packed in

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by tigermad, Jul 14, 2005.

1. tigermad

tigermad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Does anyone know how long the standard warranty is on kef 2005.2 eggs and sub. My sub stopped working tonight and I have had it for approx 18 months. Can anyone help?

After reading on past post it seems the internal sub has ceased working :mad:

The sub was popping a few nights ago while watching Sky + and now nothing.

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
    Take it to the dealer you bought it from and they will be able to get a new amplifier moduel fitted.

3. tigermad

tigermad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    I had it from Sevenoaks. I was hoping it was a 2 year warranty. I will find out when I call them later I guess.

4. Skunkpipe

Skunkpipe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same happenedd to mine. Kef will repair for £50 or replace for £137. You just need to send them the amp board back. Mine was returned to me 2 days after sending it.
    Removing the amp board is easy - just remove the screws then disconnect the spade connectors

5. Arif

Arif
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

My 2005.2's sub did this too. My brother's also. His was only a few months old - and mine was a year or so. For me - the fuse in the plug-point in the unit itself had blown - and new ones were blown immediately.

Am very relieved to find here that the problem has been isolated, and a solution exists - as it's the second thime my brother's one has gone kaputt!

Hailing from the UK here - Sevenoaks (in Watford) went way beyond the normal call of duty - my own dealer said that my unit was out of its one year warranty, and the repair would cost - but Sevenoaks said that they know the problem, and KEF have created revised parts - and that they'd change both of ours for free!! And neither of us had bought from them before.

Days of gas-lighting and unlocked front doors - the days of service like that.

Arif