Kef speakers with Dennon AVR 1907

pody

Standard Member
Reaction score
Looking to Purchase the Dennon amp to Run home cinema system.

Romm is attic conversion about 5m x 3m. Running INfocus IN76 for picture.

Mate keeps banging on about how good the Kef Cresta 3s are so was going to get a pair from the front and another for the rear. (amps 7.1 ro poss biamp the fronts. Also get the Kef cresta centre for centre speaker and I've got to find a suitable sub for around the 100pound mark.

Would this be reccomended? Looking at reviews the Kefs were really good speakers when released a few years ago so great value for money.

Am I also right in thinking that the Dennon can switch composite video? (if it can will it accept RGB from sky+?)

Going to head into Richer sounds tomorrow for a listen so any info before then would be great!!

I'm also a fan of the Kef sound.

I would recomend the Q series stuff for starters, rather than the Cresta, although they are also good:thumbsup:.
The Q driver array is better at giving you an AV sound due to the off-axis response. There are new iQ speakers now, but you can get the old range for good money and they are very good. Look at the Q stuff like the Q9c Centre speaker, (cost about £80), Q1(bookshelf),4,5 (floorstanders) for L&R, Q2ds (dipole surround) & Q8s (normal surround).
The Q's are all available in Black Ash, Light Maple, or Dark Apple wood vaneers.

It's all good stuff. The iQ are just the new versions with a slightly updated colour scheme and design.
The XQ sit somewhere between the Q and the Reference Series, borrowing technology from both.

Have a look on the web as there is loads of info about all of these.

Such as: HERE

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom